“Slow and arrogant”

Hotel Cafe Uhl
Ranked #54 of 114 Restaurants in Rothenburg
“Slow and arrogant”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

After walking the peripheral wall in Rothenburg ob der Tauber it started raining. My wife, cousins and I ran into this cafe to dry off and have lunch. We were attracted to the beautiful pastry and ice cream display at the counter. We sat down at a table and ordered sandwhiches and deserts. The food was good. Our waitress was friendly but forgot a number of items that we ordered. After our lunch we waited and waited and waited for the waitress to return so we could pay. My German cousin eventually walked to the front of the cafe to get the bill. The owner, Herr Uhl, ran up to him and yelled that in Germany, one must wait at the table for the bill. He ordered my cousin to sit down at our table and wait. He was arrogant and insulting. After 5 more minutes, his wife brought the bill. We paid it. On the way out of the cafe, my cousin took a photo of the beautiful desert display. The owner's son told us that if we published the picture, he would sue us!! Our treatment in this restaurant was so far from the norm in Germany that I would suggest no one go there.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank jameslesser

Mill
“The rudest service I've experienced in Germany.”
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

The food was mediocre, but the service was appalling: slow, error-prone and incredibly rude. Avoid at all costs unless starvation is the only alternative!

2 Thank Julian B
Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
“Poor hotel”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Not impressed by the hotel and service. Maybe the cafe is better...I never bothered trying.

Visited December 2011