“Best Christmas Store Ever”

Kathe Wohlfahrt's Christmas Shop
Book In Advance
More Info
$58.28*
and up
Romantic Road, Rothenburg, and Harburg Day Tour from Munich
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Rothenburg
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous shop brings all the glitz and glamour of the Christmas holidays year round.
Warwick, Queensland, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Christmas Store Ever”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The store is the biggest I have ever seen, if you love christmas this is the store for you. The staff were lovely couldn't help you more. The store is full of things you just don't see in Australia, I had a great time shopping in this store. Will be doing some online shopping soon. Great store

• Greek first
377 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 462 helpful votes
“Christmas Heaven”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This store is huge with beautiful displays of trees, lights, ornaments, nutcrackers and so much more. You are not allowed to take pictures, there are signs posted as you walk in but I saw many people using their cameras. I found the staff available and helpful. One of the staff even allowed my daughter to take a picture of her brother next to a very tall nutcracker. We walked through the store once every day, each time seeing more things and unfortunately BUYING more things, this place is dangerous if you love Christmas ornaments!!

Vandalia, Michigan. USA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not a friendly place!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have gone into Chicago for the Christmas thing and could not wait to go to Rothenburg to see the Kathe Wohlfahrts christmas shop and museum! I went the in May of this year. As i entered the shop I was excited to see so many beautiful things....As the tourist in this country I was snapping pictures of everything. Suddenly, after about 20 minutes in the store....someone walked up to me and said,"You are breaking the law get out!" I was like what? The person said to me there are no pictures allowed in here. I said okay I am sorry I did not see anything about that posted. So I put my camera in the little basket they gave me so I could finish shopping. She said to me again, "You have to leave. " I was shocked that she was making me leave because I broke their rule about taking a picture. On my way out of the store I decided to speak with the manager. She told me that it is their policy of no pictures. I said okay but why do i have to leave the store. It was a mistake for me to take the pictures and I will delete them if you want me too. She then said no just go! What? I had about 100.00 in merchandise and I was planning on buying about 300.00 more......I will never buy anything from anywhere that is related to this company!

Visited May 2013
7 Thank smile0528
Adelaide
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Great shop. Loved going there and buying goodies.”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We recently went into one of theses shops in Nuremburg and boy it was like letting me loose in a candy store. There were so many Christmas goodies in there I wanted to buy much more than I did. We however did buy a Cuckoo clock and have it shipped back home here to Australia. Well worth a visit in any of the shops if you ever get the chance too go into one.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Delightful.”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have visited Rotheburg on Der Tauber for the last 11 years usually staying 4 or 5 nights and I feel the need to visit this wonderful shop at least once a day. Each time I visit I see something I have not seen before, it is just enchanting, a fairy tale and a pleasure to visit.

1 Thank elaine k