“The Best Food !”

Ranked #11 of 111 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: Diner, German, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant specializes in Franconian fare with tasty dishes like marinated beef, and moist roast pork soaked in an unforgettable gravy, and a side of red kraut and potato dumplings. Try it with a glas of Franconian wine. Meet the locals in our restaurant, enjoy your beer in our beer garden - or just have a little break with soups, salads or sausages...
Curtice, Ohio
“The Best Food !”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ate here in Rothenburg it is a great location. The people are very friendly and the food totally amazing! I had the Roasted Pig Shoulder and cabbage is I think one of the best meals I had the 3 weeks we were in Germany! I kept tasting a spice of some sort in the cabbage, so I asked about it, our waitress told me it was cinnamon, and some white wine, but I think it was perhaps the chefs secret! This place is a great for an amazing meal while visiting a wonderful town>
Oh yes! My husband really liked the dark beer !

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“Good service and good German fair for the price”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Good service and good German fair for the price. We ate here with our family of five. The children liked the kid's menu and they even catered to them with gender specific napkins...a nice touch. The local bock beer brew was good too.

Waynesville, Missouri
“High quality dishes; indicitive of the local style”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Having lived in Germany for over a year now, I was extremely impressed when I stumbled upon this place on a whim. The decor and atmosphere are typical Bavarian, but nothing special. I was impressed by the menu offerings. The food was decidedly Bavarian and extremely well prepared. I can personally atest to the quality of the pork shoulder, the blaukraut, and the potato soup. My father assured me that the gulash soup and the franconian sausages were outstanding. In total for the three entrees, three beers, and three soups the bill came out to about 55 euro- not bad at all. This rates as one of the top German gasthaus' I have been to. Will be going back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bamberger603
Leeds
“Good German food and very helpful staff”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We ate here twice with friends while we were in Rothenburg. The food was very good. The staff were really helpful and didn't hesitate when we ask for separate bills. I would definitely eat here again!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank onthemovemom
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you are looking for classically prepared German food, this would be a good restaurant for you to choose. Our meal was delicious and reasonably priced - a good value. The restaurant decor is fairly nondescript, but pleasant enough. I don't think you would be disappointed if you were to eat here, but I don't think you would feel it was the best meal of your life either.

Visited November 2012