Romantik Hotel Markusturm
Altes Brauhaus(Rothenburg)
$144
  • Bar/Lounge
Mittermeier Restaurant & Hotel(Rothenburg)(Great Value!)
$113
$268
$147
$120
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsparked our carno elevatorold towncharming hotelperfect locationold world charmyour luggagemiddle of townbreakfast was includedhuge bathroomfamily roomour room was spaciousstayed longerthe main squarechristmas marketbeautiful townvisit rothenburg
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Hotel is squarely inside the most beautiful town in Germany, and that's saying a lot! The staff is friendly, the rooms are large and right outside the door is an amazing 12th century burg with great shops and food, all inside the castle walls, in case you worry about an attack from the Huns. Take the Night Watchman Tour. He is fabulous.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A must stay place when visiting Rothenburg! I only stayed 1 night unfortunately as it was a last minute stopover on my itinerary.

The hotel was fully booked but they offered me their Apartment which is 1min away from the hotel, not a problem but next time I will book in advance and stay in the hotel.

From the moment I walked in the Staff made you feel at home and nothing was to much trouble, the porter walked me to the apartment made sure I was happy and then parked my car for me so I could get settled. The hotel is located 300m from the main square and right beside the old city arch. Breakfast was included with my room as well as free internet.

I can assure you wont be disappointed when staying here and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
lisaroma, Owner at Romantik Hotel Markusturm, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Steve Muller,

thank you so much for taking the time and writing this most wonderful review about our Hotel and staff. I was really sorry we were unable to accommodate such a nice person in our Hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful smile. Hopefully we'll get another chance to welcome you again. Warmest greetings to you "down under". Lilo Berger

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would love to share our wonderful experience at Romantik Hotel Markusturm. Rothenburg ob der Tauber is amazing, and this hotel is in a perfect location. This family run hotel has outstanding service and very large well decorated rooms. I highly RECOMMEND calling for reservation as the rooms are all unique and vary in size and design. In addition, the websites do not offer 5 guests to a room for larger families, however several rooms can be accommodating. We were lucky by calling direct and securing room 129. The sitting room was was large enough to hold 3 beds for our children and the bedroom filled with storage space so all of our things had a place to go. Furthermore, the hotel restaurant was delicious with great service. When I say the staff was AMAZING I mean they will go above and beyond any service you have had.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. Location, service, large room and a superior breakfast made our stay in this truly authentic city perfect. We had dinner there one evening and it was very good. Easy stroll from the train station. Be sure to take "The Night Watchman's" tour.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived late after a long drive from Heidelberg. Warmly welcomed, directed to a local restaurant that was still open at a very late hour (after the hotel restaurant was closed) and one they called to make sure was still open. Large rooms. Spotless. Great breakfast.
Wonderful experience. No hesitation in highly recommending this hotel. Only wish that we could have stayed longer.
Spectacular location.