“The only place to stay in Rothenburg”

Romantik Hotel Markusturm
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Rothenburg
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A must stay place when visiting Rothenburg! I only stayed 1 night unfortunately as it was a last minute stopover on my itinerary.

The hotel was fully booked but they offered me their Apartment which is 1min away from the hotel, not a problem but next time I will book in advance and stay in the hotel.

From the moment I walked in the Staff made you feel at home and nothing was to much trouble, the porter walked me to the apartment made sure I was happy and then parked my car for me so I could get settled. The hotel is located 300m from the main square and right beside the old city arch. Breakfast was included with my room as well as free internet.

I can assure you wont be disappointed when staying here and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
lisaroma, Owner at Romantik Hotel Markusturm, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear Steve Muller,

thank you so much for taking the time and writing this most wonderful review about our Hotel and staff. I was really sorry we were unable to accommodate such a nice person in our Hotel. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wonderful smile. Hopefully we'll get another chance to welcome you again. Warmest greetings to you "down under". Lilo Berger

There are newer reviews for Romantik Hotel Markusturm

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I would love to share our wonderful experience at Romantik Hotel Markusturm. Rothenburg ob der Tauber is amazing, and this hotel is in a perfect location. This family run hotel has outstanding service and very large well decorated rooms. I highly RECOMMEND calling for reservation as the rooms are all unique and vary in size and design. In addition, the websites do not offer 5 guests to a room for larger families, however several rooms can be accommodating. We were lucky by calling direct and securing room 129. The sitting room was was large enough to hold 3 beds for our children and the bedroom filled with storage space so all of our things had a place to go. Furthermore, the hotel restaurant was delicious with great service. When I say the staff was AMAZING I mean they will go above and beyond any service you have had.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This hotel was wonderful. Location, service, large room and a superior breakfast made our stay in this truly authentic city perfect. We had dinner there one evening and it was very good. Easy stroll from the train station. Be sure to take "The Night Watchman's" tour.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Arrived late after a long drive from Heidelberg. Warmly welcomed, directed to a local restaurant that was still open at a very late hour (after the hotel restaurant was closed) and one they called to make sure was still open. Large rooms. Spotless. Great breakfast.
Wonderful experience. No hesitation in highly recommending this hotel. Only wish that we could have stayed longer.
Spectacular location.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

It's located in one of the most spectacular small cities in Germany, in a Medieval house full of character and mystic. Service and atmosphere were impeccable. The lady in charge was super nice, and what an I say.... Perfect.
It feel like a home.

Room Tip: Ask for room 106... Be prepared for the largest shower room ever.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights early April. Called on friday night and made it in late, Stephen showed us several rooms to chose from. The beds are typical European style with spilt mattress and duvet covers. Breakfast was good before going out on the town. We did not have a chance to eat dinner at the hotel but they had a good selection of dishes on the menu. The hotel is a block off the market square. The parking is off a couple blocks and the car was parked for us on our arrival. We managed to find it while walking along the historic wall and drove back to the hotel to check out. Our GPS lead us to the hotel first time but some roads are one way and pedestrian only. Recommend the night watchman tour to finish off an evening.

3  Thank Tim E
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is not the easiest hotel to find when driving. Our attempts to locate it ended up in a hair-raising attempt to drive down a very narrow one-way street the wrong way. The hotel was well worth the struggle. The reception staff are very welcoming, whisking the car away to be parked elsewhere. Our room was more like a small flat than a hotel room, with separate lounge and bedroom. It was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. The hotel is very old - a converted former customs house - and is full of interesting nooks and crannies. Despite its age and charm, however, it is far more comfortable and spacious than many modern hotels we have stayed in. We had our evening meal in the restaurant. Hardly nouvelle cuisine, but very filling. Service was excellent. This really is a gem of a hotel and our only regret is that we only had one night here.

Room Tip: If you are driving, check the location and work out the route in advance. Watch out for one-way stre...
1  Thank Clive G