Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com$108
Priceline$108
Destinia.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews christmas market night watchman tour tauber valley rooms are large wonderful hotel walled city street antiques germany history facade century staircase
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Just imagine being cast in a Disney movie or even cartoon. If you saw the cartoon Beauty and the Beast, you saw what Rothenburg ob der Tauber looks like. This fairy tale town is magnificent. The town is surrounded by a beautiful medieval wall in excellent shape. You can walk along the wall around the city taking in the most beautiful views of the town. We felt like we went back in time on this visit, almost as if we were transported into a Disney movie. Everything was so well laid out.

Hotel Eisenhut is the oldest hotel in the town, and is right next to the market square. The staff were always so helpful and the hotel is magnificent with its courtyards, balconies, eating areas, etc. You are swept off your feet just being in this hotel. The food is outstanding, and their breakfast buffet is amazing. Besides being next to market square, you are near lots of restaurants, and one of the famous streets and buildings drawn in the cartoon Beauty and the Beast. The room was very spacious, with a lot of nice features including a balcony that lets you sit out in the evening and take in the beauty of the city and the medievel wall. Don't miss this hotel and town if you love history and fantasy.

Room tip: Stay in the main building. Get one with a balcony to relax on in the evening and look out over the town
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2019

Let me start by saying these reviews (like many things in life) are relative to the person providing the review and the person reading the review. One person's idea of an excellent hotel is different than someone else's. It would be good for TripAdvisor to have an objective way of scoring hotels - like booking.com.

To give you an idea of my experience with hotels... I've stayed in more hotels than I can count all over North America and Europe. (I used to travel for my job.) While I wouldn't say I'm an expert, I have seen quite a bit.

With this context, here's the good and bad of this property...

Good:
- Very nice and spacious room - We got upgraded, so not all rooms are as big as ours was.
- Beautiful decor throughout hotel.
- Much nicer than the other hotel I stayed at a few years ago (Hotel Goldener Hirsch)
- Helpful and friendly staff
- Car service in dedicated garage - They literally parked the car for us in a private garage.
- Remodeled bathroom

Bad:
No air conditioning. There was a heat wave in Europe during our trip, so this was particularly important. They did provide a fan, which helped.

This hotel was one of my favorites on our extended European vacation. Of course, being in such a beautiful town helped.

2  Thank fganter
Reviewed July 2, 2019

Dated interiors, worn out furniture . I understand that they want to maintain the old look and feel. But chipped furniture is not the way to go. We went in the month of June. It was really hot. They did provide a fan, which helped. I think a little bit of improvements will go a long way to make the experience better.

Reviewed June 28, 2019

It is in the best location and the rooms are quaint with slanted squeaking floors, we loved the old decor. Our room was on the third floor and it was so unbearably hot. I would like to warn other travellers that air conditioning is heaven after walking all day but at this hotel you won’t find that. I attempted to lay down but it was hotter than outside, I ended up with heat exhaustion & spent a day violently ill while my husband placed cold wet towels on me all night. I tried asking the desk clerk for a fan but he said that was not possible. My only advice is to use this hotel during cooler seasons or forecasted cooler temperatures. Unfortunately they allow smoking on the balconies so other guests’ smoke comes into your room unless you close your windows, the only source of ventilation. Lastly, wifi didn’t work once in 3 nights we stayed which is unfortunate when the room is hot little oven & you are too sick to leave the room.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbarahR8284TY
Reviewed June 21, 2019

This is a grand old hotel complete with dark paneled wood, a grand staircase, a grand front desk manned around the clock. grand squeaking floorboards, and room keys tied to polished brass weights, You have to be dead to all things old if you don't like this hotel. Room 118 on second floor was long, tall, and spacious compared to today's hotels. Not wide enough for a Square Dance but hey, you can't have everything. The room is away from the street and was quiet. View from back window interesting but barely worth a photo. Modern bathroom with shower/bath, toilet and bidet.Staff was very accommodating and supplied loan umbrellas during the rains. Just what you would expect from a Real Hotel. We got a glimpse of their grand bar and restaurant, but did not partake since breakfast was extra and there are excellent coffee cafes an easy walk away. Hotel is just off main town square which really is heart of this great old town. I would gladly stay here again. 4.5 on scale of 5.

Room tip: Rm 118 quiet and spacious, but next time I would chance a front room facing street..
Date of stay: May 2019