Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$107
CheapTickets
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Snaptravel
All reviews christmas market night watchman tour tauber valley rooms are large wonderful hotel walled city street antiques germany history facade century staircase
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2019

It is in the best location and the rooms are quaint with slanted squeaking floors, we loved the old decor. Our room was on the third floor and it was so unbearably hot. I would like to warn other travellers that air conditioning is heaven after walking all day but at this hotel you won’t find that. I attempted to lay down but it was hotter than outside, I ended up with heat exhaustion & spent a day violently ill while my husband placed cold wet towels on me all night. I tried asking the desk clerk for a fan but he said that was not possible. My only advice is to use this hotel during cooler seasons or forecasted cooler temperatures. Unfortunately they allow smoking on the balconies so other guests’ smoke comes into your room unless you close your windows, the only source of ventilation. Lastly, wifi didn’t work once in 3 nights we stayed which is unfortunate when the room is hot little oven & you are too sick to leave the room.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank barbarahR8284TY
Reviewed June 21, 2019

This is a grand old hotel complete with dark paneled wood, a grand staircase, a grand front desk manned around the clock. grand squeaking floorboards, and room keys tied to polished brass weights, You have to be dead to all things old if you don't like this hotel. Room 118 on second floor was long, tall, and spacious compared to today's hotels. Not wide enough for a Square Dance but hey, you can't have everything. The room is away from the street and was quiet. View from back window interesting but barely worth a photo. Modern bathroom with shower/bath, toilet and bidet.Staff was very accommodating and supplied loan umbrellas during the rains. Just what you would expect from a Real Hotel. We got a glimpse of their grand bar and restaurant, but did not partake since breakfast was extra and there are excellent coffee cafes an easy walk away. Hotel is just off main town square which really is heart of this great old town. I would gladly stay here again. 4.5 on scale of 5.

Room tip: Rm 118 quiet and spacious, but next time I would chance a front room facing street..
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2019

This was a very nice hotel in a prime Rothenburg location right next to the main square. Staff was very friendly and the room was clean and quite large for a European hotel. My only complaint would be the internet speed was very slow. Otherwise, highly recommend.

Room tip: Our room facing the main Street was a little loud in the morning with the windows open. Would try for a room on back side.
Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2019

We have stayed at Hotel Eisenhut on both of our trips to Rothenburg. This hotel is charming and gives you the feeling of stepping back in time. The rooms are unique and spacious. One of our rooms had a balcony with a gorgeous view of the country side and the other room had a view of the town. We had a wonderful, delicious and peaceful dinner in the restaurant. The hotel is in a great, central location which makes it easy to explore the town on foot. The hotel staff, especially in the restaurant, are very kind and welcoming. The breakfast buffet is top notch with great variety. Would highly recommend this unique hotel!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Roxanne-Mackey, Sales & Marketing at Hotel Eisenhut, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Dear gloring, thank you for your recommendation. It´s so nice to hear, that you enjoyed your stay with us. Perfect, that we met your expecations reagarding the hotel and the rooms. I hope you had a great time in Rothenburg. The city is really amazing. Finishing the day with a delicious dinner in our restaurant is the best thing you can do. I hope you will come back soon, I would appreciate it. Kind regards!

Reviewed May 21, 2019 via mobile

This hotel/restaurant are located in the heart of Rothenburg ob der Tauber.it consists of 4 patrician mansions from medieval period.its room features spectacular view of Tauber Valley and its furniture is unique.wifi , bathtub, showers are available. It's on Herrngasse , next to the market square of tge city where main events set up there.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank jajavalB

Dear ajavalB, thank you very much for your review. Good to hear, that you enjoyed your stay in our historical hotel. You´re right our furniture is unique and all our rooms are different equipped. I hope you come back soon and discover more of our charming rooms. Kind regards!