All reviews welcome drink golden apple butterfly room complimentary mini bar zur holl lovely garden the entire staff dinner reservations four nights large bedroom parked our car beautiful hotel small hotel old building wonderful stay homemade jams night watchman tour
Selected filters
Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Can’t possibly say enough nice things about this hotel and, in particular, the staff. They were incredibly kind and accommodating and it was really apparent how much they appreciate their guests and want them to enjoy themselves. The rooms were very nice and cozy and the hotel was a good location within Rothenburg ODT. The hotel’s restaurant was also very good and I would definitely recommend you check this out. Breakfast was included and there were lots of great options. Rothenburg ODT was our favorite city in Germany and the wonderful staff at this hotel are a big reason for that. Couldn’t imagine coming to Rothenburg and staying anywhere else!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We had two rooms high up in the building (a bit of a walk but so worth it)! I feel sorry for Fritz having to lug our large American size luggage (sorry!) up all those flights of stairs due to the lack of an elevator. But, our room at the top, with the separate bedroom in the top of the hotel, was incredible. Our second room was on the second floor and huge with great views onto the Main Street.

The service is top notch here. Everyone from Marita to Fritz to the breakfast servers were super friendly and helpful. The location simply can’t be beat - right across from the church and 5 minutes from everything. Can’t wait to go back. Special place.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I hesitate to share just how amazing this place it for fear I can't stay there again - it will be booked up! Truly one of the best experiences I have ever had, anyplace. I stay over 100 nights per year in hotels all over the world and the service, attention to detail at every turn, etc. was truly world-class. I have stayed in places with more glitz and glamour (supposed 5-star hotels) and none have equaled the level of attention and service. Uli and her husband as owners and especially Melanie as our primary contact, both prior and while staying, were amazing.

The sauna downstairs is in a bit of a grotto with stone walls and is very clean and get up to 100 C. I wish it had been open later. The rooms are clearly from an old building and are tasteful and functional. Not over the top glamorous but very well kept and nice. The entire place has a feel of quiet elegance.

The most amazing part was the attention to detail - from welcome drink to welcome chocolates in the suite, to personally ironing shirts and even daily weather inserts in the menus. Great breakfast and excellent dinner (although it did take a little long to get the food).

I will ABSOLUTELY come back again and will go out of my way to stay here.

Room tip: higher up has views but all rooms are nice
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2018

We came here based on a great review from Rick Steves. It is as great as described. The people are incredibly friendly and the room is spacious and clean with very comfortable bedding. It is across from a church so don't be surprised by the bells...early wake up call :). Breakfast was included and was gourmet. Perfect location to all sights.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Lovely family run hotel in Rothenburg. Warm service and our duplex suite was very spacious & comfortable for our family of 3. The hotel is conveniently located to visit all the sights in this cute medieval town.

Trip type: Traveled with family