“Perfect hospitality in every way imaginable!”

Hotel Herrnschloesschen
Ranked #1 of 46 Hotels in Rothenburg
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Perfect hospitality in every way imaginable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, e.g., the old Ritz in Madrid, Raj Villas in India, Giraffe Manor in Kenya, and lots of other 5-stars, but nowhere have we seen as much attention to hospitality as we experienced at the Herrnschlosschen. There is not a detail that is left unattended in this wonderful small hotel. Manager Ulrike Worle and her team clearly want to please: They succeeded and did so with enthusiasm and warmth. Rooms are spacious, well-appointed, and filled with amenities. Breakfasts were elegantly served and delicious, as were dinners. (We rarely eat dinners in our hotels, preferring to explore local offerings, but dinner here was so flawless and delicious that we made an exception and were glad we did.) And special thanks to Igor who brought our car around, wiped down the windows, and rushed out with bottles of water for our onward journey. What a treat!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, but there is very ready help in getting luggage up the stairs. The staircase...
2 Thank jww1075

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

This may be the nicest small hotel I've ever stayed in in Europe. The innkeepers are unbelievably accommodating. When I arrived in Rothenburg ob der Tauber, on a Summer evening, by rental car (not a great idea if you can avoid that!), I could not easily find my way all the way to the hotel by way of non-pedestrian-only streets. So, I parked in a lot within the city walls, left my belongings in the car, and walked off to find hotel, carrying just my phone, keys & wallet. After about 15 minutes of walking, I found the lovely Herrnsschlossen. When I explained my situation, the woman who runs the inn said that if I could give her my keys that her husband would go GET my car & move it to the official parking for me, and of course also bring my bags in from the car, directly to my room. This sounded too good to be true, but I said "sure." I was then ushered off to the amazing outdoor patio/restaurant area to drink a lovely German beer while relaxedly waiting for my car & clothes.

After my car & clothes arrived, I changed for dinner & had one of the best dinners EVER (a barbecue/vegetable combination), by just taking all of the recommendations of the wait staff--and it wasn't even too expensive! Then I slept in the GORGEOUS room I was given & only lamented that my husband wasn't with me on this business trip to enjoy this romantic and cozy place.

Breakfast was fabulous as well. After breakfast, I set off to wander about RdT, with good guidance from the staff (who of course also offered to hold on to my luggage until the end of the day when I had to get back to "business" in Heidelberg).

I cannot recommend the Herrnschlossen highly enough--experience it if you can.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aagie
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Having been guided by TP, expectations were high. However they were fulfilled, from pulling up outside the hotel until we left. Customer Care continues to be their Number One Priority I think, their attention to detail is excellent. breakfast was exquisite, one of the best if not the best I have ever had in a hotel. The room was really nice, we had number 6, the one with the hunting theme which you can see on some of the photos.Lovely products and nice touches such as nice chocs, free mini bar etc. It certainly made the town of Rothenberg a great experience. Just loved it!!!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Herrnschlosschen in May and my fond memories have been naggng at me to share our special experience. The hotel is located at the end of a picturesque cobblestone street in Rothenburg ob der Tauber. The owner and the bellman/gardener/jack of all trades named Igor greeted us upon our arrival - a wonderfully warm welcome where Igor relieved us of our car keys and luggage while the owner offered us flutes of champagne to make us forget the real world we just left behind. The hotel is wonderfully appointed with the look and feel of a modern European boutique hotel though in a medieval village. The room (Butterfly) was spacious and exceedingly comfortable with wonderful attention to detail and the property is fantastic, with a wonderful garden that doubles as a restaurant. Igor was a wonderful presence, though we did not speak the same language, his warmth and kindness made it obvious what a special place this is. We absolutely loved our stay and would highly recommend to anyone. The final attention to detail, Igor washed our windshield (which had been covered with bugs) before we departed.

Room Tip: Photos of all rooms are posted on their website, request the one that looks most appealing but reser...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great service. There is no better. The proprietors will stop at nothing to please you and do it graciously. Located in a great historical location, an easy walk from everything. Someone empties your car, puts your luggage, no mattter how much or how disorganized, and carries it up to your room. There is no elelvator since it is in an old but modernized building. Then your car is parked about a 5 minute walk away in a lot outside the town walls. If you leave something in your car, someone will walk you to your car and you can get it or they will get if for you. Everything is done with an aim to please and everything is done to make your stay the best it can be. When you arrrive, you will be treated (in a beautiful garden) to a glass of wine while you wait for your luggage to be brought to your room and your car parked. We arrived on the busiest festival weekend in Sept. and were treated as if we were the only guests they cared about. Perfect personal service in English. They own 2 restaurants (Bavarian). The food in both was first rate. The food and service at breakfast was excellent. Also good free wi-fi. Have I mentioned that I really liked this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

What a delightful hotel! The warm welcome we received from Elizabeth from the moment we arrived till we left made us feel like old friends and felt very at home.
Our rooms were beautifully decorated and spotless and very comfortable with complimentary drinks in the bar fridge!
Dinner was delicious and when we were asked if we would like some more meat, we got another full portion! My husband was in heaven. Breakfast was always a feast. If we hadn't had to move on, we would have stayed there and rolled home.  There are not many hotels that have given us a complete experience but this hotel and the staff ticks our list and we would happily recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We booked this hotel on tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed! It is everything others have written. The staff here can definitely write the book on customer service. Our room was lovely. So hard to believe how modern such an old house can be. We had dinner here which was the best we had in our month of touring Europe. Breakfast is served restaurant style and was exceptional. Rothenburg is a lovely place and staying here made it super special. Thank you Uli and staff for the exceptional service.