“Don't miss this American loving gem!”
Review of Burgerkeller - CLOSED

Burgerkeller
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The owner fills the restaurant with his homemade cd's of American rock and roll! Food is traditional German and very good. The owner makes the restaurant one of our favorite experiences! As he did when we visited 5 years ago, he was telling us funny Americanized jokes and he makes you feel like you are the only ones there! Don't miss it!

1  Thank 1970disneygirl

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had read the Tripadvisor reviews and decided to try this restaurant. We had dinner there and I would say that it was good, but not to die for. It was no better or worse than other restaurants in Rothenburg. The prices are reasonable and the portions are good, but again not any different than the other 4 restaurants we ate in while in Rothenburg. It is in a cellar setting with curved ceilings which gives it a nice appearance. The only outdoor tables I saw are out on the sidewalk of the main street and the cellar does not have much room, maybe 12 -14 tables. Unless there is another section that I didn't see I would think that a reservation would be a must during busy times.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We came here after checking reviews on Tripadvisor. Good thing you've made a reservation in advance. Food was excellent and not expensive compared to other places we've tried. Big portions, so one round should fulfill any needs. Great to try pork there as well as vegetarian dishes. Not to be missed!

1  Thank Denisa S
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Came here with my wife and the restaurant was empty at 1 pm... I liked that since its a very famous place which usually is full.
The owner was very very attentions and kind with us. Seems he is the cooker aswell so sometimes he wasnt available for our requests - but nothing serious, like more then 3 mins...
We ate a pair of Franconian sausages (5/5) and a Pork Knuckle (4/5). I didnt like the franconian potato, but this is a matter of taste - first time eating it.
All in all I liked the experience and WOULD RECOMMEND this place for a original Bavarian food.

1  Thank GuiMilani
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stopped at the restaurant per a recommendation from our travel guide. This restaruant is in the basement of a building and is a little difficult to find unless you were looking for it. We went for an early lunch and were the only ones there. The owner was very accommodating and had an american classics radio station playing. The menu was a little limited in the options but we had plenty of food and we definitely did not leave hungry. Would recommend this place if you are looking for a memorable meal in Rothenburg ob der Tauber.