“Absolutely Delicious!”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Hampton, Virginia
“Absolutely Delicious!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've been in Germany for 4 years now and this is still the BEST japanese restaurant i've been to. I have yet to dislike something I've tried from their menu. I recommend this place highly, and bring my friends there every chance I get. The service is also friendly, though can be a little slow during busy times but that's to be expected.The town is also one of my favorites so the 3 hour drive is always worth it. If you find yourself in Rothenburg, stop in at Louvre and indulge.Their Chasu Ramen is my absolute favorite, but so many dishes are worth ordering. I've eaten here many times over the years and continue to make trips just so I can eat there.

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank wrixi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Japanese Bistro in Germany!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great Japanese food, serving and food quality is top-notch. Menu is varied as to Japanese dishes and portions are large. Service was quick for drinks and food. This bistro would work in Japan proper as the owners work hard to make the customers feel at home and happy with their choices!!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Mike T
New York
“Great food & prices”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

After a week of heavy German fare, I wanted something different and this fit the bill. We got chicken teriyaki which came with miso soup, a scoop of potato salad, thinly shaved cabbage, and your choice of rice or potatoes as well as a chicken with veggie yakisoba. The portions were huge! All in all, two beers, two mains and an apple strudel came out to just €26. With great food, great service, and great prices, this was one of our favorite little finds in Germany.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank framboise8
North Carolina
“Love, love, love this restaurant!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We live in Germany and have the grand opportunity to partake in German cuisine all the time, so an opportunity to experience something different is always pleasant. In our case, this experience was wayyyy better than pleasant.

On our way passing through Rothenburg, only for dinner, we decided to stop and grab something to eat with our 2 younger kids. We went there on a Sunday evening (they opened at 5PM), which was convenient, because most places open at 6PM.

We ordered vegetable tempura for an appetizer, and because we are not big sushi eaters, we ordered udon noodles, fried noodles, teriyaki chicken (adult portion), and a teriyaki chicken (kids menu) for our main dishes. They brought each of us out a wonderful serving of bean sprouts in sesame oil---seriously delicious, that my 6 year old wanted mine. The tempura was fried to perfection and all main dishes were truly superb. Best we've had in Europe by far!

The only issue, I warn you, is that the food takes awhile to prepare. HOWEVER, it's so yummy and fresh, that we would not let that get in the way of us coming back. Matter of fact, we are excited to plan our next trip to Rothenburg. :)

One more thing...the place is not very large, so I'd call and get a reservation ahead of time. Happy eating!

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank rahnjojada
“Nice nice nice”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had amazing dinner, and the waitress she was so sweet trying to please us. Very nice experience, great food, good price :)

Visited November 2012