“Loved it!”
Review of Gasthof Post

Gasthof Post
Ranked #31 of 34 Rothenburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times and will always come back! It's location is perfect, right outside of the city walls and about a block from the train station. The price is excellent.

This is an amazing bed and breakfast, in the room is a personal bath and sink (a rarity for a European B&B) and the breakfast is better than anything I eat on a normal day. The service is beyond compare, the owners are onsite and are as sweet as can be.

I love it so much I actually had part of my wedding reception here! All of my guests stayed here and had nothing but wonderful things to say about Gasthof Post.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LizLemoncello

Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you don't like the coldness and uniformity of the big chain hotels this is a place for you: characterful and quirky, with the friendly owners and it is very close to the town centre.

The hotel is definitely not brand new, but we find there is something special in its aging ambiance and modest charm: we would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alexsas777
Reviewed January 23, 2013

At 10 minutes from city center, very clean and the staff is very friendly. The parking is free and the rooms are pleasant. I recomend to everyone to try this one at a very good value for money. The rooms have cable tv but the wi-fi is not free. If you search a good value for money this is the place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maniac_the_evil
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in a single room for three nights on a visit to Rothenburg. The hotel is ideally located if you are travelling by train as I was. It was a very short walk from the train station, though I never heard a train during my stay there. It is also ideally located not far from the town walls. The room was basic but clean and extremely good value for money. I loved the dinner I had in the restaurant too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank JoyB2008
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in a triple room for one night while in Rothenburg. The room was very clean and the beds were soft. Unfortunately for us, since it is the low-season - the restaurant was closed, although breakfast was available the next morning. Very old hotel, lots of stairs and squeaky flooors. WC was extremely small and had a toilet and shower in it. We were only there overnight - so it worked just fine for us. Excellent location - about a 2 minute walk to the walled part of the old-city.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sherlockwife
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great price, great food, great location. I have stayed here several times and would certainly stay here again. The host is a wonderful cook. The best meal I had in Germany was here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Chuck52310
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I arrived in Rothenburg about 8 pm with no reservations. I was tired and just stopped at the first hotel where I found a spot to pull in with my car. As a solo traveller, I asked for a single room. Before they did the paperwork, they brought me up to see the room to make sure I would be ok with it. The room was very small and basic, but neat and clean and the price was very reasonable for what it was. So, I happily checked in and then took advantage of the onsite restaurant. I really enjoyed the wonderful pork schnitzel and salad I had for my late dinner.

The hotel is located a very short walk from the city walls. I really enjoyed an early pre-breakfast walk around the town before it was overrun with tourist. It was also convenient as they let me keep my car there that next day while I walked around the town.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo