“Clean, old hotel. Great location.”
Review of Gasthof Post

Gasthof Post
Ranked #31 of 35 Rothenburg B&B and Inns
Stuttgart, Germany
“Clean, old hotel. Great location.”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We stayed in a triple room for one night while in Rothenburg. The room was very clean and the beds were soft. Unfortunately for us, since it is the low-season - the restaurant was closed, although breakfast was available the next morning. Very old hotel, lots of stairs and squeaky flooors. WC was extremely small and had a toilet and shower in it. We were only there overnight - so it worked just fine for us. Excellent location - about a 2 minute walk to the walled part of the old-city.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sherlockwife

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Haven
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Great price, great food, great location. I have stayed here several times and would certainly stay here again. The host is a wonderful cook. The best meal I had in Germany was here.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Chuck52310
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I arrived in Rothenburg about 8 pm with no reservations. I was tired and just stopped at the first hotel where I found a spot to pull in with my car. As a solo traveller, I asked for a single room. Before they did the paperwork, they brought me up to see the room to make sure I would be ok with it. The room was very small and basic, but neat and clean and the price was very reasonable for what it was. So, I happily checked in and then took advantage of the onsite restaurant. I really enjoyed the wonderful pork schnitzel and salad I had for my late dinner.

The hotel is located a very short walk from the city walls. I really enjoyed an early pre-breakfast walk around the town before it was overrun with tourist. It was also convenient as they let me keep my car there that next day while I walked around the town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank JJDC09
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 26, 2010

My second visit to this small family-run gem. My husband and I stayed in December of 2002 while on our honeymoon. The people were super friendly, the room was clean and comfortable, and the location was perfect. Just a short jaunt across the street from the train station, and a short, lovely walk from the hotel into the Alt Stadt -- old town.

This time around I was traveling with my sisters. Our room was well-sized for three. The bathroom was small, but it served its purpose just fine. Breakfast was generous and good. The restaurant food was delicious (the coffee and ice cream was a real treat after a full day of walking around the town). And the locals who frequent the restaurant/bar are some of the friendliest in Germany. The owners were willing to go out of the their way to help us out with travel information and suggestions. Hope to return someday.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank roadlesstraveled76
Germany
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The Gasthof Post provides adequate accommodation for a short stay of two days or less. The facility is showing its age and requires an update and renovation. However, the rooms are clean and basic necessities are available. The best part of this Gasthof/Hotel is the restuarant. The food is excellent and moderately priced. We've never had a bad meal from the kitchen. The service is also quite good and the staff are very helpful and speak English. Sauna facilities ae on location and cost an additional small fee. The location is near the Bahnhof and on a major arterial street which can be very noisy at times. Good location for visiting the Alt-stadt (Old Town) within the walls.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple