“Ok Food. Shocking Service!”
Review of Rattstube

Rattstube
Ranked #45 of 114 Restaurants in Rothenburg
Cuisines: German, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Ok Food. Shocking Service!”
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The place is right on the Market Square, which is a terrific location. It also serves good beer, Gluewine and reasonably priced food.

The major down-side is the shockingly bad service.

Very miserable waitresses (probably because they're made to wear traditional dirndl's that leave little to the imagination!)

If you're wanting basic German food, it's not bad. But if you're wanting to go somewhere that serves you with great German efficienct service, or you're looking for traditional Barvarian hospitality and wonderful smiling staff - you won't find anywhere that is more poles apart from this than Rattstube!

Visited January 2012

• Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
“Good eat out”
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We enjoyed this Restaurant. No big fuss about it, but the food was excellent and big portions served. It is definitely a good place to have a good meal. There is a large menu, with a variety of food, it can please everyone. The service is not great and the room is not very cosy, but it is enough to have a good meal

Erie, Illinois
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

One of our favorite restaurants in Rothenburg ob der Tauber.
Always very good food and service.

• Visited June 2011
germany
“I wouldn't come back”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I visited with my 3 children, ages 7-9. The restaurant is fine for families with young children but that is about all I can say positive. We went early (around 5:30 pm) which I always recommend for those of us with children.

I got the breaded chicken with a salad only because there was no grilled chicken. I've never been to a place that didn't have grilled chicken and only breaded chicken. It was mediocre. Two of the kids got schnitzel with fries and one got cream of potato soup. I didn't taste the soup (didn't look appetizing to me but my son ate it up) but did taste the schnitzel and fries and it was nothing to rave about. Even the cappucino I ordered was yucky....not nice and frothy like some I've had. The tab for the above was 32 euro which included 3 soft drinks and 1 mineral water.

Waiter was pleasant but I asked him to give us a couple of minutes and he took me literally. He came back in 2 minutes and hovered over me while I tried to make a decision so I felt hurried. I don't think that was his intention but it was a bit annoying. I gave no indication that I was ready when he came back. Also, after we placed our order, he never once came back to see if we needed anything.

I was quite disappointed and wouldn't recommend this restaurant in lieu of the fact that there are so many other restaurants to choose from.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank bonniecrocker
Genoa, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,280 helpful votes
“OK Food-Poor Service”
Reviewed January 3, 2011

From the minute we sat down until we tried to get the check, it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to take our order, refill the beer, and serve our food. The service was just not there. My husband asked for no starch with his pork and requested veggies or a salad, this was completely ignored. My meal of pork knuckles was good and we both enjoyed the cold, fresh beer, when we could get it! It wasn't even that busy, so we couldn't understand the lack of service. With SO MANY very cute restaurants in this delightful small town, I strongly encourage you to try another restaurant! We won't return even if they were serving free beer!

2 Thank AnnArborMHT