House L.A.
$227
$124
$165
  • Breakfast included
Central City Hotel(Fussen)(Great Value!)
$104
Hotels.com
$131
$134
Hotel Filser(Fussen)
$163
$177
Ruchti's Hotel und Restaurant(Fussen)(Great Value!)
$131
$148
All reviewstrain stationneuschwanstein castlehosteleurosmountains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stayed at this Hostel for 2 nights. It was clean & the staff was wonderful. We were on the bottom floor & had the whole floor and 2 bathrooms to ourself the entire time. Breakfast was simple, but tasty & you could eat to your hearts content. It was within walking distance to the beautiful little town & a short drive to Neuschweinstein castle. We did find that we could have spent a little less at a hotel in the area, but I have no complaints whatsoever about House LA.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed October 16, 2009

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed December 16, 2008

This hostel rocks! The staff is super friendly and helpful, absolutely no complaints. You have a great view of Neuschwanstein from your balcony and the staff would literally bend over backwards for you. At our staff, they had an intern their from Australia, so there were no language barriers. This hostel is clean, friendly, and has a great location.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We arrived early in Füssen and Lahdo picked us up from the train station, even though it turns out we could have just walked because it was very close. That guy is a champion! He's super nice and very friendly.

The place was right near the old town close to the train station, where we could catch the bus to the castles. So we could walk everywhere and the town is very pretty!

The room was very clean and the bathrooms also very clean. Great water pressure in the showers. I had a great night's sleep and met some really interesting people.

The breakfast was ONLY 2 Euros!! and we had everything we needed. Served by some very nice staff - Thank you Mike & Agnieska!

What can I say, great people, top, quiet location, very close to everything and I felt very safe!

Thank you House L.A. and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 7, 2008

The owner now owns 3 accomodation locations. We stayed at the place at Von-Freyberg street.

We met the owner at his accomodation at Wachsbleiche 2 (nearest to the train station) as advertised in his website. Like the previous reviewer - it is confirmed that the place was not safe because the main door was not locked. I called the owner by the phone provided. We waited 45 minutes and called him twice before he actually came. To our dismay, he said he did not have any rooms there when we actually booked it 2 weeks ago.

He brought us to the other accomodation at Von-Freyberg. It is a new house and all furnishings were new.

Sure enough he only changed our sheets while we were standing waiting to go into our room. Did not really annoy me that much as the sheets were clean. What annoyed us was after a tired day, we return and found 5 ladies sharing the same bathroom. They used up the hot water that when I showered half way with shampoo in my hair and I had no hot water left!!! I had to shower it off with cold water in autumn weather. I SMS the owner asking him on the possibility to use another toilet and he did not reply!! The next morning it took us 1 hour to wait for our turns for the bathroom. Wasted my time.

Owner puts you in rooms that's available without taking note to whether you paid for 2 bed, 3 beds or 5 beds. Although we paid for more per person as we were in a smaller group, we had to sleep in a small room with bunk beds. The 5 ladies had a bigger room that can fit in 8 people and then the next night a couple checked in and had the same big room. I'm definately not paying value for money.

It is not a safe accomodation to stay. When checking out we were asked leave the keys to the house and room outside the porch. Owner was not present to collect the keys. YES KEYS LEFT OUTSIDE THE HOUSE. Someone can actually take the keys and come in easily.

The only good side - the the place was 5 minutes walk to the train station and we had quiet nights sleep. Would I stay here again? BIG NO! Unless I want to be robbed!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends