“Good for a 1-night stay”
Review of House L.A.

House L.A.
Ranked #7 of 18 Specialty Lodging in Fussen
Milan, Italy
“Good for a 1-night stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

5 minute-walk to the center. Free parking. Nice and clean room with no cabinet, clean toilette and bath. Nice and helpful staff. Hardly connect to wifi. All in all, good since we only stayed here for one day.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed with my mum for 2 nights during the hottest summer high season. The private double room is quite small, there is no enough space to walk in the bed after I settled down with 2 suitcase. But well, I am paying EUR45 per night per room in the high season, I think this is indeed good enough. There are 2 shared-bathrooms, one of them is pretty small (and dark) but the other one is bright and big. Both of them are clean enough although the floor was always wet after shower. Better if the hostel put a carpet or a floor-cloth to keep the floor dry.

Location is good, within 5 mins walking you can reach the old town and supermarket, within 10 mins you reach the train and bus station.

One thing not so good is the confusing check in time. I had an early flight to Munich and arrived this hostel in Fussen at 12nn (and my time difference was 8 hours), the check in time should be 2pm indicated on their website and on the hostel wall it said check in from 1pm, on my confirmation email the host even asked me to call them if I had to arrive later than 5pm. However upon our arrival at 2pm the cleaning staff said check in started at 5pm, I saw some clean rooms there and asked if we could get a clean room now or as soon as possible because we were very tired after long flight and train etc, The staff insisted check in 5pm. I told them the website mentioned 2pm is the check in time, but the staff said they could not check us in until 5pm. So I took our 2 suitcases to the luggage storage area by walking up the stairs and then walking down the stairs....and found that the storage room was indeed accessed to the ground floor without walking any stairs, but no one told us. Another pair of guests tried to do the same with their luggage and I told them not to walk stairs (while they walked up half the stairs...) but enter thru the ground floor back-door.

So then we went back to the hostel at 4pm, saw a staff, he firstly said check in only from 5pm, we didnt care and planned to just sit down and wait...suddenly he said he could check us in and gave us a room in 5 mins, and even helped us to take our 2 heavy suitcases to the 3rd floor with walking up the stairs. Yes he was helpful and I wish their website stating the check in time clearly so I could re-arrange my travel plan.

All in all, with what I paid, I am satisfied.

Room Tip: No lifts, so if you are carrying heavy suitcases, request a lower floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dorset, United Kingom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have to give a mixed review for this hostel. I was travelling with my wife and two 18 yo children. The points I wasn't happy with: We originally booked for two nights, then contacted the hostel by email later while travelling asking if we could extend this to 5 nights, receiving a confirmation that this "was ok". On arrival I had to show the staff that email to actually get those nights as they could not find the reservation. The room had a double bed and two bunks, with no storage space for clothes, just a sofa. The sink in the room had no hot water, neither did the sink in the shower room next door. There are no kitchen facilities for guests who wish to self cater, only a room with tables and chairs which contains a small fridge freezer and a kettle. We had to ask for plates, mugs and cutlery. On arrival we should also have been asked to fill in a registration form which is required by law and have one passport copied. This was not done. My wife and I discovered that when you stay in Fussen, your landlord should provide plastic "Fussen Cards" which give the holder free travel on the local buses and trains, which includes the bus to Hohen-Schwangau and Neushwanstein Castles, about 3k distant. When we asked about theses we were given a single paper registration receipt, which we were told was the same thing. It was refused by the bus drivers.

The good parts:- We contacted the owner who was able to provide the cards the next evening and was very apologetic. The hostel is only a short distance from Fussen Old Town, the Torist info centre and the railway station and the town and surrounding area is very pretty.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Lovely place very clean, was great to have free Wifi too.
House L.A. is in a great location for walking into town to restaurants or walking to the local supermarket.
Only complaint was that I found it a bit cold in our room on the top floor.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Renate K
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was hands down one of my favourite hostels in Germany, and possibly even in Europe! No it may not have a kitchen and yes the security is pretty bad, but overall I don't understand why this it has received so many bad reviews when the hostel is surrounded by such beauty. The place has a cabin sort of feel to it and you can see the Neuschwanstein Castle from the attic window, and you can also rent a bike from the hostel for 8 euros and explore the surrounding trails that loop around the castles. The staff were very friendly and accommodating during my stay, and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. My only complaint is that there was no door for the attic/dorm room so you could hear every little thing when you were trying to sleep, but I'm sure the private rooms were a lot quieter/safer.

Room Tip: The attic/8 bedroom dorm can be very noisy as it has no door, and if you're one of the last ones...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights with my husband n 2kids in 2bed apt.was great,very clean and warm,small but you are out most of the time so it does the job.plenty of hot water and free wifi.close to the town,free parking.would definetly recommend it.the owner Lahdo is very helpful and friendly

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beachmere, Australia
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed at the Apartments for 1 night to see the local castles.
Arrived late around 7pm - nobody there as expected but there is a phone to contact the owner at the front door. Very easy with a couple of numbers to call owner. He answered promptly and arrived in 5 minutes. Apparently he owns a few accommodations in town.
We had room 5 with room for 7 people and view of the alps. It had a large main room with double, bunks, a single, and dining table. Also had a separate bedroom with bunk beds and small table/chairs. Then a bathroom with bath/shower, toilet, sink. Outside the room there was a shared fridge. All the rooms are different so check what suits you best.
Linens were all clean, room was clean, warm and we were very happy with everything.
Highly recommend the apartments to all.

Room Tip: Room 5 with view of alps was great for family of 5-7.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family