“I wish I could have stayed longer.”
Review of Old Kings Hostel

Old Kings Hostel
Ranked #1 of 17 Specialty Lodging in Fussen
Butte
“I wish I could have stayed longer.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I loved this peaceful little hostel. It was very clean, the staff were extremely welcoming and the location is a charming street near the town center. I stayed in the Persia Room which was brand new and very comfortable. The ladies bathrooms are very clean. The kitchen is well equipped if you like to cook. I would skip breakfast because there are so many nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Speechless. My husband and I only stayed here for one night, but the service was impeccable!! The staff were funny, helpful, courteous and accommodating. There is not a single fault we could say. Cheap too!! My husband and I walked to the castle from the hotel. It was far enough that we could have caught a bus, but the walk was lovely. The hotel had many shops around and restaurants to dine in. Stay here if you can!!! We stayed in a private room and for a hostel you felt like it was a hotel!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent, newly renovated hostel in the old district of a fabulous little Bavarian town! You are basically right in the middle of the old district and all its small town charm. The hostel itself is very clean and comfy. The dorm rooms were a bit tight (I was in the 3rd floor 8-bed dorm - hint, get the corner beds, they're not stacked). The men's restroom is also tiny (but clean), but I'm not taking points off things I'm mentally expecting in random hostels. While in the area, take the bus to Neuschwanstein castle. You will not regret it! If you have time, take the cable car up to Tegelberg, and do the 2.5 hour hike down to Neuschwanstein. You will have photo ops to show off on Facebook that 95% of the other tourists do not have. The security locker in the dorm is very small (it's just a dresser drawer), and it needs a very tiny lock in order to secure it. My normal school-locker type lock would not fit.

Room Tip: Get the corner beds on the 3rd floor 8-bed dorm.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Two middle aged Aussie ladies enjoyed the ambience and comfort of the UK room. Thanks to the front desk for directions to a great restaurant for dinner and advise on the best way to obtain tickets for the day at the castles, (get up very early). The hostel is in central Fussen, quiet and very clean. Just remember to have your comfortable walking shoes with you.

Room Tip: there isn't a bad room in the place
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Vrísses, Khania, Greece
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is an excellent, clean, highly maintained hostel. The front desk staff was phenomenal in helping us, and it was truly a great experience. I will be staying again when visiting Fussen in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Definetely a nice place to stay, when visiting the Ludwig of Bavaria castle.
Füssen is a lovely city, and the Old Kings hostel is just perfect: city-center, brand-new (we stayed there in May 2013), staff was remarkably helpful.

We were on a family trip, and had the "Africa" dortoir just for us on the top floor with 8 beds. Impeccably clean.

Good luck and long-live to this lovely place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller_reg_12
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed there for two nights in the Prince of Persia dorm during my bike trip around wonderful Füssen! And I really have to say that I felt at home the moment I entered the living room. The hostel is very new and the owners (4 very nice boys) have created a wonderful familiar atmosphere!

The breakfast was also very good and the best for my start in the biking day! I especially liked the hostel because it is a small one and not one of those loud party hostels. And everything is clean and the staff is also very friendly and helps you with all your questions! I also recommend the pizza evening in the cozy kitchen! All in all just go for it! You will not regret it!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo