“Awesome Bavarian Restaurant”

Description: Altstadt Hotel zum Hechten
Goettingen, Germany
“Awesome Bavarian Restaurant”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were staying at Hotel Fantasia and this was only a block and a half away and it looked nice from the outside so we popped in for dinner. It was a fantastic place to spend our evening, we had a side room to ourselves so we didn't have to worry about our toddler being loud and the staff was delightful. The portions we large, but not american large. My husband had a pork leg with a boiled potato and sauerkraut(sauerkraut was great, neither of us had eaten "good" sauerkraut before) I had a good vegetable stuffed pasta with a cream sauce and vegetables and our son had a noodle(spätzle) and pork sauce pasta that he loved. We look forward to visiting this restaurant on our next visit to Füssen!

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Chicago
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Since we got in late on a January night, this was about the only restaurant open. However, the food was good (typical southern Bavarian cuisine), the beer was cold, and the prices were reasonable. There was only 1 waitress but she did an efficient job waiting all the tables. We only waited about 10 minutes for our food to be served.

Visited January 2013
“Amazing pork knuckle!”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't feeling very well so Sam ordered a pork knuckle for himself and when it arrived I was so taken by the smell that I had to try some! The meat is so tender,moist and juicy and the skin is crispy...I have never tasted pork knuckle this good! I ordered a spatzle soup for myself which is really tasty and we ended the meal off with vanilla ice cream and hot raspberries which is nice too. My only regret is that I didn't get to eat here another time before leaving fussen

Windsor, United Kingdom
“Lecker! und günstig auch!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We ate here on our second night in Füssen. Warm and inviting, the restaurant is modern but cosy. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and happy to speak in English or German. I ordered the Schweinehax'n - a Bavarian speciality of pork knuckle with sauerkraut and an oniony sauce - which I cannot reccommend highly enough! If you have a big appetite for meat you must try this dish!! My partner ordered Wienerschnitzel and we were both stuffed by the end of it, the portions were huge! We really enjoyed this meal and would highly recommend eating here if you are staying in Füssen.Two mains and two large alcoholic drinks came to €24 which we thought was very very reasonable.

Visited November 2012
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Bavarian Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food was terrific with great service and a charming atmosphere. We both had the pork and it was very tender and tasty. We would eat there again for sure.

Visited November 2012