Suzanne's
$143
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
$174
Ruchti's Hotel und Restaurant(Fussen)(Great Value!)
$176
$158
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We spent two nights in Fussen and found our stay at Suzanne's delightful. We traveled throughout Europe using the rail system, and appreciated the B&B was within easy walking distance from the train station. The room was clean and the breakfast provided all we needed to start each day well. But it's the personal touches provided by Suzanne's daughter that made our stay so special and memorable - and we would love to return!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed with Suzanne in June for several nights. We were very pleased and now I am spoiled. I am not sure if any other B&B will ever measure up. Her home is spotless (and I mean spotless), everything is so well organized, and Suzanne goes the extra mile to make sure everything is thought of (an example is breakfast - Suzanne offers fresh bread from the baker, eggs from the farmer, cheese from a cheese maker down the street, etc.). We thouroughly enjoyed our stay. And she recommended a great restaurant in town, the Ritterstub'n Restaurant. One of the best meals I had in Germany!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Suzanne's B&B is located near the train station and is easy to find. Not far away from Füssen centre. Everything worked fine and breakfast was okay, but the host wasn't very friendly. She gave us a map and showed where to visit, but everytime asking her something, you didn't know is she friendly or rude.

But if you just ignore the host, this isn't a bad place to sleep. Room was hot during the day, cos it was mid summer and +28 celcius degrees outside, but in the evening when keeping windows open it was cooler and okay to sleep. We stayed at the attic room. No noise from the other rooms or outside. There's no decorations in the room. Room and it's bathroom were tidy.

You can rent a bike direct from the B&B. Cost 9 euros per 24 hours. With a bike it's easy to visit all the attractions like Castle Neuschwanstein and Alpen See.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Would love to go back. The day we spent at Fussen was absolutely perfect! The beauty of the area is incredible. Suzanne's hospitality and help were wonderful. The location was very convenient, a short walk to the train station and town. My husband and I spent one of the most memorable nights of our trip enjoying an after-dinner backyard bonfire and bottle of peach schnapps with Suzanne and swapping funny stories into the wee hours. What a delite! She had great suggestions for our trip and even booked us a room at our next destination since she was concerned for us traveling without reservations.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We had a horrible experience with a horrible lady! I had been traveling for 24 hours by trains and buses, and my parents had been traveling for about 15 hours by trains and planes when we finally made it to Suzanne’s B&B. We were greeted by a couple who had also just arrived and said they were alone in the house. So, we let ourselves in, and found our own rooms. We went out to find a restaurant for dinner and when we came back Suzanne had returned and stopped us in the foyer demanding to be paid. No ‘hello’ or ‘welcome’ or any sort of considerate formalities. I know in the literature it says that she’s an American, but with her extremely strong German accent I find it highly unlikely. We brought her a credit card, and she laughed and pushed it away and made it very clear she didn’t want it. We offered to write her a check, and again she laughed. In all of her communications with us, she said she accepted all types of payment. Well, by the time she actually showed up to her B&B, the banks were all closed. We offered to pay her in American money, or work something out so we could go exchange for Euros immediately when the banks opened in the morning. She was snotty and rude and very disrespectful to my father. She told us to give her Euros immediately for our entire week stay, or we had 30 minutes to get out. I’ve worked in customer service for many years, and tried speaking to her rationally about everything… and she let me know that I was just wasting time I could be packing. 25 minutes later we were on our way out the door into the dark night, in a town we had never been to before, in the pouring rain. The last things she said to us was that she would appreciate for us to tip her. Yes, that’s right… she had the audacity to ask us for a tip. I used to live in Germany, and I can guarantee you that this horrible, money hungry woman isn’t ‘typical’ German. She also charges quite a fee to use her old-as-a-dinosaur computer, and 25 Euros per load of laundry.

• Stayed: September 2010