“Wonderful! We loved Suzanne's”
Review of Suzanne's

and 1 more site!
Suzanne's
Ranked #15 of 24 Fussen B&B and Inns
Tennessee
“Wonderful! We loved Suzanne's”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed with Suzanne in June for several nights. We were very pleased and now I am spoiled. I am not sure if any other B&B will ever measure up. Her home is spotless (and I mean spotless), everything is so well organized, and Suzanne goes the extra mile to make sure everything is thought of (an example is breakfast - Suzanne offers fresh bread from the baker, eggs from the farmer, cheese from a cheese maker down the street, etc.). We thouroughly enjoyed our stay. And she recommended a great restaurant in town, the Ritterstub'n Restaurant. One of the best meals I had in Germany!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Nurmijarvi, Finland
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Suzanne's B&B is located near the train station and is easy to find. Not far away from Füssen centre. Everything worked fine and breakfast was okay, but the host wasn't very friendly. She gave us a map and showed where to visit, but everytime asking her something, you didn't know is she friendly or rude.

But if you just ignore the host, this isn't a bad place to sleep. Room was hot during the day, cos it was mid summer and +28 celcius degrees outside, but in the evening when keeping windows open it was cooler and okay to sleep. We stayed at the attic room. No noise from the other rooms or outside. There's no decorations in the room. Room and it's bathroom were tidy.

You can rent a bike direct from the B&B. Cost 9 euros per 24 hours. With a bike it's easy to visit all the attractions like Castle Neuschwanstein and Alpen See.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Glendora, California
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Would love to go back. The day we spent at Fussen was absolutely perfect! The beauty of the area is incredible. Suzanne's hospitality and help were wonderful. The location was very convenient, a short walk to the train station and town. My husband and I spent one of the most memorable nights of our trip enjoying an after-dinner backyard bonfire and bottle of peach schnapps with Suzanne and swapping funny stories into the wee hours. What a delite! She had great suggestions for our trip and even booked us a room at our next destination since she was concerned for us traveling without reservations.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Marion
Reviewed November 4, 2010

We had a horrible experience with a horrible lady! I had been traveling for 24 hours by trains and buses, and my parents had been traveling for about 15 hours by trains and planes when we finally made it to Suzanne’s B&B. We were greeted by a couple who had also just arrived and said they were alone in the house. So, we let ourselves in, and found our own rooms. We went out to find a restaurant for dinner and when we came back Suzanne had returned and stopped us in the foyer demanding to be paid. No ‘hello’ or ‘welcome’ or any sort of considerate formalities. I know in the literature it says that she’s an American, but with her extremely strong German accent I find it highly unlikely. We brought her a credit card, and she laughed and pushed it away and made it very clear she didn’t want it. We offered to write her a check, and again she laughed. In all of her communications with us, she said she accepted all types of payment. Well, by the time she actually showed up to her B&B, the banks were all closed. We offered to pay her in American money, or work something out so we could go exchange for Euros immediately when the banks opened in the morning. She was snotty and rude and very disrespectful to my father. She told us to give her Euros immediately for our entire week stay, or we had 30 minutes to get out. I’ve worked in customer service for many years, and tried speaking to her rationally about everything… and she let me know that I was just wasting time I could be packing. 25 minutes later we were on our way out the door into the dark night, in a town we had never been to before, in the pouring rain. The last things she said to us was that she would appreciate for us to tip her. Yes, that’s right… she had the audacity to ask us for a tip. I used to live in Germany, and I can guarantee you that this horrible, money hungry woman isn’t ‘typical’ German. She also charges quite a fee to use her old-as-a-dinosaur computer, and 25 Euros per load of laundry.

• Stayed September 2010
11 Thank Dairyblues

Travelers are raving about these Fussen hotels

Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Suzanne's B&B is quiet, cozy and offers a fabulous breakfast. However, Suzanne herself isn't very friendly. She is helpful with info regarding local sightseeing information, but that's about it. Our stay was nice, but I think we would've enjoyed it more had she been a little more welcoming.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mieko2104
Arnold, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This B and B is beautiful from the outside, and comfortable, clean and cozy inside. Suzanne was very informative in the city and sightseeing information she provided. Our room was cozy and had great views. The location was quiet. Even though the train tracks run very near by, we were not bothered by any noise from the trains. Breakfast was very good. I am not looking for extra services when I travel, but services such as internet access, an exercise bike and massages were offered for an extra fee-and having a TV was offered for an extra fee of 5 Euro a day. The hotel had a reading room with a selection of books to read, which I preferred to paying for TV!

• Stayed September 2010
Edmonton
Reviewed September 6, 2010

He said:

We arrived mid-afternoon from Italy and were greeted by Suzanne who quickly gave us the rundown on the town of Fusen and her recommendations for touring the castles. Very to the point and business-like. Our room was one with a balcony on the 2nd level and it was spotless, roomy and well decorated.

On her site and in her communications with us it was stated that there was internet access. When I asked if she had Wifi, Suzanne quickly replied that she wanted no part of wireless. We didn't pursue the issue but we were offered a PC on the upper level for a fee... which we declined.

Breakfast was hearty with a good selection compared to other B & B's we've stayed at. One issue we had with Suzanne however came when we asked if we could check out a little later (10:30 am) as there was a Saturday morning market we would have enjoyed strolling through in the morning. When we asked her the night before she resisted at first, but agreed since we were just planning a quick walk-through. The next morning she acted quite exasperated and insisted we leave our luggage under the stairs. No offense to her other guests, but we are not about to leave our belongings under a set of stairs beside an exit for any amount of time.

Her establishment is very nice, but because of her attitude and various fees for items that are included elsewhere, I would be inclined to search more thoroughly for vacancies in the area before booking with her again.

She said...
I have mixed feelings about Suzanne's as well. She was helpful when we first arrived and our room was spotless and spacious. Although the weather was cool when we were there it would have been quite pleasant to sit on the balcony overlooking her delightful yard filled with flowers. I thought the breakfast was delicious with breads, sliced meat, soft-boiled eggs, fruit cocktail and coffee and tea. Suzanne is not very communicative during this breakfast time, but who can blame her as she attends the needs of all of her guests.
We stayed for two evenings and I was mildly surprised to discover that she comes into the room during the daytime to adjust towels and make the bed (maybe it's a German thing). If I knew this I might not have left items from my luggage about the room.
If you are looking for clean (literally spotless) and modern accommodation with a filling breakfast this place is the spot. If you enjoy connecting with the B&B proprietor and/or other guests, or like to have access to the internet I recommend you look elsewhere. Suzanne runs a tight ship and can come across as brusk. When it's time to check-out there is little flexibility (don't let the door hit you on the way out) because she is extremely focused on meticulously cleaning each room.

We recommend this B&B because it is clean and spacious, but it would be nice if it was less like a business venture and more like a passion for her.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fussen
Hotel Sonne
#4 of 40 in Fussen
Villa Toscana
Villa Toscana
#4 of 24 in Fussen

Been to Suzanne's? Share your experiences!