“3 nights in Fussen” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 24 Fussen B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“3 nights in Fussen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

First class with friendly staff who offered lots of advice on attractions and also gave us a card each for free activities (we went on the cable car). The hotel is new and has modern decor. Very clean and tidy. Nice dining area, although no restaurant service (Fussen old town is only 10mins walk, plenty of food there) and a limited bar. Free wi-fi was very useful for checking out travel info. Good, self service breakfast with loads of choice. A great base for exploring the area.

1 Thank Alan H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here in July after reading reviews and were very pleased. We had a room on the first floor with a lovely view of the mountains. Our room was very spacious and nicely decorated. The staff was most helpful. Be sure to get the Konigs card with its discounts. Our friends had a room on the second floor that was not as large as ours, but they enjoyed a bottle of wine that evening on the balcony. It is far enough from town to be very quiet, but only a 10-15 minute lovely walk to town. Breakfast was delicious! We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We recently stayed one night at Villa Toscana in Fussen, Germany. Our room was more than I expected for the 89 Euros we paid. It contained a 4 poster bed (very romantic), flat screen TV, terry cloth robes, a wardrobe to hang clothes and a very large, modern bathroom. We had a large balcony with a table and chairs that overlooked the perfectly landscaped grounds. We chose this hotel because of the price and proximity to the old town which was only a 10 minute walk.
The only negative was when we tried to check out at 6:30 a.m. The front desk didn't open until 7:00. So, it would be best to pay your bill the night prior to your departure.
I would highly recommend Villa Toscana.

Southwest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This hotel is in a lovely park setting with amazing views of the mountains. It is very well kept, clean and includes a nice breakfast. The staff are very helpful, courteous and most speak English. The castle sites are most well known, but the town also has very interesting spots to explore. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: With balcony facing gardens and Mountains
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is really nice. I think it is because it's a new hotel, so the price is still relatively cheaper. You can walk from the train station to the hotel, and I think it takes about 15 minutes. The balcony of the villa is a bonus of the hotel. If your schedule is not that tight, please reserve one evening ( not in quite cold winter for sure:)) to enjoy a glass of wine while sunsetting.
The service is very good and the room is quite well-furnitured as well. The garden is a bonus! I think it is a bonus to anyone who comes with kids.
The only thing that is not so satisfactory was actually "my fault". As an exprienced traveller, I never realized that the checking out time of this hotel is 10:00am. The front desk didn't remind me when I checked in. I made every plan according to checking out at 12:00pm. When my parents and I were about to leave the hotel to enjoy a bike ride, I checked with the front desk when the checking time was, and I was told I was already 30 minutes late for checking out! (How I wish he could tell me earlier, or I didn't even ask...) We had to return the bike at 11:30pm, so we were going to enjoy 1h ride and came back to check out and then to catch the train. However the front desk told me that I had to check out at that point of time and no extension. We had to go back to our room, and packed and moved everything to another room, and shortened our bike ride for some time. (We planned to visit the lake, which I stayed at when I visited Fussen last time, because of the change, we could hardly stay for a couple of minutes at that lake). Well, I don't think this is something to blame others, but I want to write down to remind other travellers don't take 12pm for granted. :) If I was given a little more understandings for that one hour, I would feel a lot better. My two 60-year old parents had to rush with me to the lake and came back...
I had a great experience at Villa Toscana until this very last moment...:)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed last June in the Hotel Toscana and we have nothing but positive remarks to say. When we first arrived our car rental was not ready. We took a taxi from train station to Hotel and the Hotel staff was more then willing to call the rental car place trying to staighten things out. The grounds are very nice and refreshing looking out at the mountains when eating a good breakfest and injoying the ambiance. Everywhere we went everyone was smiling and in a pleasent mood. We would recommend this hotel for visiting Mad King Ludwig s Castles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I booked two nights here in August after reading reviews here eon tripadvisor. We were going to Neuschwanstein and I know Fussen from before and wanted to find something nice for me and my husband. Since we brought a car we also needed free parking, as Fussen Old Town is difficult to bring a car into.
Villa Toscana was BEAUTIFUL, I really loved it. The park, the balcony, the pretty rooms, the freshness of the whole place and the wonderufl breakfast, that you could have on the terrace if you were lucky enough to get a table there. I would love to go back and I sincerely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple