“Very, very good”
Review of Hotel Christine

Hotel Christine
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Fussen
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here in late July and have to say we were really impressed. Very clean, very well equiped. The breakfast was arguably the best we have had at any hotel, absolutely superbly presented and very good. Owner was extremely helpful and the welcoming drink was a nice touch. Easy walking distance into town and a good car park.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our initial thoughts of this hotel were mixed. On the one hand the hotel building and the decor is superb and give a very professional, welcoming image, but the owner at reception was a off-putting. He came across as impatient, confrontational and condescending at check-in when we asked valid questions. He also didn't give us directions to town, or even show us where we would be having breakfast the next day. However later the same day I had to go down to reception to ask him for a second code to use the wi-fi, and he was very pleasant and even remembered my surname - the exact opposite from how he was when we checked in.

The rooms are big, very clean with comfortable beds and bedding, and the breakfast is really something special. The welcome plate of treats in the room is a very nice touch. The rooms have heating, but not airconditioning so if it's warm you would have to open the windows and/or balcony door. There is also no seperation on the balcony between the seating areas for each room, so privacy on the balcony may be an issue.

The hotel is not close to the city centre so a car would be recommended (then again, there may have been a shortcut walking route to the town centre, but as the owner did not provide us with any information we wouldn't know).

All in all I would still recommend this hotel as the value for money, breakfast and cleanliness & size of the rooms make up for the bad check-in experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NKing
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the famous castle. The owner Kurt made our stay avery pleasant one complete with terrific breakfasts and information on the area and restaurants. Don't miss a stay in Fussen at this hotel!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Arrived here after driving down the Romantic Road early evening. I liked everything about this hotel. There was a welcome drink, lovely welcome snacks in the room. Our room was on the first floor, it was spacious with a balcony that had views to the mountains. We walked to the town for our evening meal (about 10-15 minutes walk).
Everything about the breakfast was lovely, probably the nicest breakfast I have had (I am not a buffet or eggs and bacon fan).
The hotel had very tasteful decor and was very clean.
We only stayed overnight as we were carrying on to Lake Constance and on to Lake Maggiore ( the 120 euro fine for unknowingly driving on Austrian roads for a few kilometers is another story)
Would stay here again without a doubt and for more that an overnight next time!

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony and great views - not sure if all rooms have this so request if wanted
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Fortunately, we had read the Trip Advisor reports on Hotel Christine and its owner and knew what to expect. Yes, he comes across as very friendly, but don’t question him about anything he has already said, or he becomes quite snappy. We also got the obligatory orange juice on arrival, but it was just served in an ungracious manner and then he walked off!
There’s a nice platter of sweet and savoury things complimentary in the room which is a nice touch.
The hotel itself, however, is of extremely high quality and very comfortable. Rooms are not large but well equipped. I couldn’t imagine walking to the city centre from here as it is too far – a drive only in my books. There is a nice, large balcony on which you can sit which is shared between 3 rooms.
The surrounding area is very quiet and overlooks residential homes.
Breakfast is not until 8.00am, which is late if you want an early start. You will not be permitted in the breakfast room before 8.00am (not even a minute before) – you will have to wait. However, as stated previously by many, breakfast is delicious and huge and exquisitely presented!
I think for the €118, you could find a more genial ‘mine host’!

1  Thank DiR46
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Quiet little hotel in a residential area, more like a B&B),
Kurt is a fantastic host and makes you feel at home. Fantastic breakfast cooked by him (he is a much awarded chef- take a look at his displayed diplomas

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

THIRD REVIEW: Hotel Christine, Fussen

This is also a small family hotel, close to a beautiful riverside trail, but far from downtown Fussen. The room was very big, nicely decorated, with a balcony with a gorgeous view. Breakfast was free, huge and first-class. Free parking and free internet. This was the most expensive hotel I stayed in during this trip. I myself would have opted for something more basic and cheaper, but it was Easter Sunday, not many hotels to choose from. I would give this hotel a better rating, even though it's not for my budget, if it weren't for the owner, not totally rude, but kind of ill-humoured. He did the weirdest thing that happened during my trip: I asked him to warm up in the microwave some left-over I had with me. After one minute, he took the plate out of the microwave and TOUCHED MY FOOD WITH HIS FINGER to check if it was warm! I mean, for a hotel that charges 118 euros a night far from downtown, that was unbelievable! I guess the price was right for the type of the hotel and for the time of the year, but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family