“Great B & B”
Review of Dreimaderlhaus

Dreimaderlhaus
Ranked #1 of 23 Fussen B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Clean, comfortable room---some with a good view of the lake/mountains with good sunrise photo ops. Excellent breakfast and great hospitality. They speak excellent English and can give good recommendations relative to dining and attractions.

Room Tip: Room on the main floor facing the lake is great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had a fantastic stay overnight at Hotel Dreimaderlhaus in September. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was great as well, outside of Fussen town on a beautiful lake. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyway else going to Fussen.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side would be better so you don't hear any noise from the road.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marisab27
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Dreimaderlhaus for 2 nights. The hotel is located on a small lake (Weissensee) just a few miles outside of Fussen, and just about 15 minutes from the nearby castle attractions. We had a second floor room with a beautiful view of the sunrise over the lake. The room was large with a private outdoor deck, and included a backpack for day use. The staff was helpful and provided excellent advice on local sights and biking and hiking trails. Breakfast buffet but among the best during our recent tour of Switzerland and Bavaria, with high quality meats and cheeses, large assortment of breads, and fried eggs cooked to order. There is free parking adjacent to the hotel and several excellent restaurants within short walking distance. The only negative was that the WiFi network at this hotel is part of a larger regional network, that in theory would allow log-in from many restaurants and hotels in Fussen. Unfortunately, a technical glitch did not permit us to successfully validate our ID for the network, so we were unable to access email via smartphone during our stay. Overall, this hotel is an excellent value, among the best rural B&B's we have visited in Europe.

Room Tip: Lakeside on a higher floor for the best view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart K
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This hotel has a fantastic view at the head of the lake, a short drive from Fussen.
Positives:
A warm welcome and great knowledge of the surround area and where to visit etc
A lovely Bavarian interior
Walking poles, rucksack left in your room for your use. Packed lunches available on request
We had a lake view room with balcony which was worth the extra
Good rates €
Great bedroom with a really comfortable bed.

Negatives
There were some flies on the un covered breakfast items which put me off having them
On the one day I am not sure if they were short staffed but the breakfast items were being emptied faster than they were refilled. I asked for a fried egg well done which was not problem the day before but in the second was told they only had one pan. It did come eventually.
The patio area had a fantastic view but some of the furniture needed a little TLC
The cup I used in my bedroom was left and not cleaned
Limited parking and it is difficult to get out onto a busy road if you are on your own
They don't take major credit cards which I wasn't aware of and may cause difficulty for some travellers

We had a lovely stay but I have only marked as average being honest due to the negatives above.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2012

we stayed there one night, on our way. The room was average, big in size, big balcony (first flour) and great view. it's a little far from Fussen. graet view from the room, the owner was very friendly. good Italian restaurant in the next hotel (Osteria).

Room Tip: room with view to the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here last summer(July 2011) and I have to say it was one of the best places I have ever stayed at. It is a family ran B&B just outside Fussen, amongst a small group of houses and restaurants. The back garden leads down to a large lake where you can swim,fish, hire a boat or walk around it. It really is a fantastic setting.

The whole house is decorated in a country style, much like what I'd expect an old German lodge to look like. The rooms were a good size, very well decorated and the en suite was modern and clean. It was very homely and as the owners were that helpful and polite it felt like you were staying over at an old friends.

The owners were very helpful, know a great deal about the area and if your keen on walking have routes you can use, let you borrow equipment and I think they have a packed lunch service. The breakfast was good, plenty of variety and you can sit out on a deck while you eat with a fantastic view of the mountains.

I cannot recommend this place enough, if your staying in the area, its a must.

Room Tip: One facing the lake would be great but to be fair, I don't think it matters much.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan_Smyth
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recommend this B & B to anyone who would like to stay in Füssen and to avoid the crowd and noise in city centre.

The owner couple (Simone and Michael) were so friendly and helpful to me although I came to this B & B just after 10 a.m., when the owner and their staff members were busy preparing rooms for their new guests. The owner let me use the Frühstücksraum for filling in a guest registration form. They even offered me some coffee when I was filling in the form.

The lake and mountain view is beautiful. The scenery you can see from the terrace, the Frühstücksraum, and the Weissensee side of the building is peaceful and picturesque, apart from a few transmission towers, and you can hear birds' singing from nearby trees in the morning. Because I was totally fascinated by the beautiful landscape, the traffic noise I could hear from the main road facing the other side of the building did not really bother me.

The room I stayed in was a comfort double one with a lake view (Room No. 22). This room is clean and spacious, and has a kitchenette with a refrigerator. I was supposed to stay in a double room without a lake view, but it was fortunate that this comfort double room was available when I checked in. The lake and mountain view from my room is again excellent and impressive. I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful and peaceful evening scenery through the window until it got dark while listening to some adagios of Anton Bruckner's symphonies. I found the "price/performance" of this room good.

They provide breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The Frühstücksraum has pretty decoration in it with six medium-sized tables. The breakfast was tasty. The selection of food was wide enough for me to enjoy breakfast for one hour. When I had breakfast, they provided some boiled eggs and baked ones, but not scrambled ones. I confirmed with the owner afterwards that they provide boiled eggs every morning and baked eggs every other morning. When they do not serve baked eggs, they make scrambled ones instead. On top of that, they told me that they use locally produced dairy products and bread for breakfast, which is a plus for tourists who want to support the local agricultural industry.

They also provide free Wi-Fi access to guests. The Wi-Fi signal I received in my room was a bit weak, but the connection speed was fast enough for me to do some Internet searches.

There are an Italian restaurant next door to this B & B, a German one across the main road, and a Bayern one more than 100 metre away along the main road. I had dinner at this Bayern restaurant. It is safer to walk there via an unpaved path along the lake.

There is a footpath to Weissensee just right next to this B & B. This footpath leads to the unpaved path I mentioned above. The owner said that it would take about 90 minutes to walk around the lake. I walked along the lake a bit and was amazed how pure and clean the lake water looked. I feel real sense of conservation whenever I see a precious environment like this lake water.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at this bed and breakfast. As soon as I arrived at this accommodation place, I had personalised service from the owner. I really appreciate their having spared the time for me to talk to them often even though they seemed to be quite busy all the time. I again recommend this B & B to anyone who would like to stay in Füssen and to avoid the crowd and noise in city centre.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake and mountain view
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo