“nice place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 24 Fussen B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nice place to stay”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

we stayed there one night, on our way. The room was average, big in size, big balcony (first flour) and great view. it's a little far from Fussen. graet view from the room, the owner was very friendly. good Italian restaurant in the next hotel (Osteria).

Room Tip: room with view to the lake.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here last summer(July 2011) and I have to say it was one of the best places I have ever stayed at. It is a family ran B&B just outside Fussen, amongst a small group of houses and restaurants. The back garden leads down to a large lake where you can swim,fish, hire a boat or walk around it. It really is a fantastic setting.

The whole house is decorated in a country style, much like what I'd expect an old German lodge to look like. The rooms were a good size, very well decorated and the en suite was modern and clean. It was very homely and as the owners were that helpful and polite it felt like you were staying over at an old friends.

The owners were very helpful, know a great deal about the area and if your keen on walking have routes you can use, let you borrow equipment and I think they have a packed lunch service. The breakfast was good, plenty of variety and you can sit out on a deck while you eat with a fantastic view of the mountains.

I cannot recommend this place enough, if your staying in the area, its a must.

Room Tip: One facing the lake would be great but to be fair, I don't think it matters much.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan_Smyth
Tochigi, Japan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I recommend this B & B to anyone who would like to stay in Füssen and to avoid the crowd and noise in city centre.

The owner couple (Simone and Michael) were so friendly and helpful to me although I came to this B & B just after 10 a.m., when the owner and their staff members were busy preparing rooms for their new guests. The owner let me use the Frühstücksraum for filling in a guest registration form. They even offered me some coffee when I was filling in the form.

The lake and mountain view is beautiful. The scenery you can see from the terrace, the Frühstücksraum, and the Weissensee side of the building is peaceful and picturesque, apart from a few transmission towers, and you can hear birds' singing from nearby trees in the morning. Because I was totally fascinated by the beautiful landscape, the traffic noise I could hear from the main road facing the other side of the building did not really bother me.

The room I stayed in was a comfort double one with a lake view (Room No. 22). This room is clean and spacious, and has a kitchenette with a refrigerator. I was supposed to stay in a double room without a lake view, but it was fortunate that this comfort double room was available when I checked in. The lake and mountain view from my room is again excellent and impressive. I really enjoyed looking at the beautiful and peaceful evening scenery through the window until it got dark while listening to some adagios of Anton Bruckner's symphonies. I found the "price/performance" of this room good.

They provide breakfast from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. The Frühstücksraum has pretty decoration in it with six medium-sized tables. The breakfast was tasty. The selection of food was wide enough for me to enjoy breakfast for one hour. When I had breakfast, they provided some boiled eggs and baked ones, but not scrambled ones. I confirmed with the owner afterwards that they provide boiled eggs every morning and baked eggs every other morning. When they do not serve baked eggs, they make scrambled ones instead. On top of that, they told me that they use locally produced dairy products and bread for breakfast, which is a plus for tourists who want to support the local agricultural industry.

They also provide free Wi-Fi access to guests. The Wi-Fi signal I received in my room was a bit weak, but the connection speed was fast enough for me to do some Internet searches.

There are an Italian restaurant next door to this B & B, a German one across the main road, and a Bayern one more than 100 metre away along the main road. I had dinner at this Bayern restaurant. It is safer to walk there via an unpaved path along the lake.

There is a footpath to Weissensee just right next to this B & B. This footpath leads to the unpaved path I mentioned above. The owner said that it would take about 90 minutes to walk around the lake. I walked along the lake a bit and was amazed how pure and clean the lake water looked. I feel real sense of conservation whenever I see a precious environment like this lake water.

Overall, I had a wonderful stay at this bed and breakfast. As soon as I arrived at this accommodation place, I had personalised service from the owner. I really appreciate their having spared the time for me to talk to them often even though they seemed to be quite busy all the time. I again recommend this B & B to anyone who would like to stay in Füssen and to avoid the crowd and noise in city centre.

Room Tip: Rooms with a lake and mountain view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank an_untypical_tourist
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel is in the perfect location - only a few minutes away from a beautiful lake that you can swim in and there are couple of restaurants across the road, one serving German fare and the other a pizza place. Also by the lake are all sorts of apparatus for children to play on and there is a lovely (appx hour) walk around the lake.

The hotel has limited parking which is on the busy main road outside the front of the hotel and it is rather hazardous to say the least.

Our room (family of four) was spacious, split into two sections (great for a family) and the beds were comfy enough. There was a shower, no bath, no soap, and the towels had seen better days. Generally, the hotel had the facilities one would expect for the price and rating, but there wasn't exactly a warm welcome on our arrival, or much help or advice other than a map of the general area. We had our own balcony overlooking the lake, which was nice. Overall, the room was fine. However, we were rather disappointed by the breakfast compared to other similar-priced hotels we had been to nearby. The bread was a little stale and there wasn't a great deal of choice. In my opinion, the breakfast is a bit of a let-down. Another disappointment was the fact that the owner was reluctant to allow my husband to use the sauna as he hadn't booked it in advance (we were only there one night and there was no mention of booking the sauna on our arrival) No-one was using it or had booked it that evening, so her attitude was rather strange.

On the whole, the hotel was satisfactory, but no more. The room was fine and the destination was lovely. However, if you are considering staying at this hotel, I would recommend having breakfast elsewhere. But don't be put off, as, despite the breakfast, everything else was as you'd expect.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap! If you're fussy about towels, bring your own, too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Dreimaderlhaus was the most accommodating and friendly B&B I've stayed at. The staff speaks both German and English. They were so nice helping us find local attractions and things to do. We knew we wanted to go to Neuschwanstein castle, but the staff helped us make our plans beyond that.

The room was really nice. My wife thought it was pretty romantic. Awesome views of the lake/Alps. Very well kept room and house overall. Nice patios.

Breakfast was fresh meats, cheese, fruit, yogurt, granola, toast, etc. When we told them we had to check out early our final morning they packed us a real nice lunch with four sandwiches (two a piece) and some drinks.

The location: along the lake and within walking distance to the foothills of the Alps was perfect. They have good maps at the B&B for hikes up into the foothills of the Alps, or the hundreds of miles of walking/biking paths in the Fussen area. We visited Neuschwanstein castle, the Tegelberg lifts, and Breitachklamm. Only the later is more than a 20 minute drive away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary K
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Bavaria is incredibly green, except for the azure blue lakes and gray (or snow white) mountains. At Dreimaderlhaus, you get all three. This B&B has comfortable rooms, reasonable prices, and great breakfasts that can be eaten inside, or even better, out on the terrace. Right next door is a public park with a variety of kid-friendly things to try as well as a swimming beach. To fully appreciate the hotel, you need to request a room with a lake view (balcony) so you can relax and take in the great scenery. There are several restaurants (Steigmuhlen Stube is good), an Information office, and a bank (ATM) within walking distance. Close to Fussen and the castles, but in a quiet little village, this is a great place to base yourselves while exploring part of Bavaria. Note that they only take cash or a local German credit card (Maestro). Actually, we found that most of our expenses in Bavaria were cash only.

Room Tip: Request a lake view room with balcony. The view is fantastic and it is away from the road.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fosoll
Newbury
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with very attractive decor. It was obvious that a lot of care had gone into it. The breakfast was excellent. I would love to stay there again but next time to have a room at the back, overlooking the lake. There is a really nice garden at the back where it is possible to relax and sunbathe. I didn't realise this until we were leaving. I would have liked to have stayed longer here but we had booked at the next place.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family