2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$119
Agoda.com$118
Hotels.com$119
eDreams$119
CheapTickets$119
Trip.com$173
1,927 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

They where fully booked, but the guy in the check in saved us. Got their “secret room” and got a bit suspicious. But it was great. A design room, completely remodeled. Design room with the best beds ever.
The breakfast buffet was great and really good service over all.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susenbeth
Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

I selected this hotel based on its' proximity to the castles. My husband and I arrived via car (our mode of transportation for our three week vacation). This, in combination with the construction outside of the lobby, was problematic. We were required to unload or luggage across the street and then park our car about three blocks away. Europe was experiencing an extreme heat wave and we were informed that our room did not have air conditioning. The front desk staff did provide us with an additional fan but this did not help very much. If I had to guess, the temps in our room exceeded 80 degrees! Needless to say, we did not get much sleep. After viewing the room options on the website I assumed we would have a room larger than what we were given. Extremely tight quarters!!!! The smallest room we had throughout three weeks. The saving grace was the wonderful breakfast we had the next morning and the strong, hot coffee! I would suggest that future lodgers wait until after the construction is complete and the heatwave has passed!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kdburke
Reviewed July 16, 2019

The hotel is centrally located to restaurants and a short walk from the train station and the bus to take you to the castles. Our room was fine for our stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. The big issue as I see it at the moment is construction happening within the complex – OK at night but we started to hear noise from around 7.30 one morning. Unfortunately, that totally detracts from staying here. Once the construction is over have no doubt it will be great

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank sailorpam
Reviewed July 5, 2019

I loved staying at the Hotel Sonne. The customer service was excellent. At first, due to construction, I was not very pleased with the view of the room. They were so helpful to offer other room selections, but we chose to keep the very nice room that we had, with the understanding they are renovating and the view was not as great. However, the room was very comfortable and larger than most European hotel rooms. They were very helpful to give directions to places and help when we needed a cab. Due to an injury I had that required a two-night hospital stay, they were so helpful to extend our reservation at a very reasonable rate. They also showed so much concern about my injury and made me feel right at home. Each day, the breakfast was so good and the coffee was delicious. I highly recommend this place. It is so convenient to all of the great eating places.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank baatraveler1
Reviewed June 28, 2019

Superb hotel? I beg to differ !

I already wrote lots of reviews on all kinds of hotels, restaurants and attractions, and almost all of them were very positive. This is the first time I really felt compelled to be quite negative. Indeed, I feel cheated.

Arriving at the hotel, by car, is a dangerous adventure. There is no place to unload luggage, unless double parking. The hotel entrance is located on a busy main street, right at the traffic lights. Passing car drivers start yelling at you.
Excellent staff? The reception staff first sent us to the wrong room. So we intruded in an occupied room.
During the multiple trips we made, I never used a non-airco room. I thought airco was standard in this class of hotels. Because of construction works, the airco at Sonne is disconnected for a couple of months. We were never told about his - while we were warned about the missing parking. Why not mention the airco problem in the same email?
On the hotel description and advertising (web advertising) air conditioning is still mentioned! While the reception clerk even dared to say that we did not have to complain, because there never had been airco in the hotel. How about the older control pannel in the room, and the advertising then?
Unfortunately we were there during the end of June 2019 heatwave. All we got was a noisy displaceable ventilator.
We asked for a quiet room. We got a room on the first floor, right at the facade, just above the traffic lights. So, even impossible to open a window. Not really ideal for a good night"s sleep.

A lot of these problems were certainly due to the construction works, planned until end february 2020.
Well then, during this period, stop pretending being a four star hotel and seriously reduce your prices. Or better still, close the hotel in the meantime.
We felt cheated!