Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$118
Priceline$118
Hotels.com$118
Agoda.com$118
eDreams$118
Trip.com$173
1,927 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Stayed one night at Hotel Sonne two weeks ago. What an incredible experience! One of the nicest buffet breakfasts I've had lately. Incredibly upbeat and fashionable ambiance, including mannequins in the common areas dressed in historical garb and all sorts of other surreal touches. Room very comfortable, staff helpful and handy, happening restaurant and bar attached. Very nice experience.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 26, 2016

We stayed in hotel Sonne on our way to Italy as a stop-over location. The hotel is very easy to reach from the motorway and parking can be done on the location itself or in the parking (Parkhaus 4) next door. The hotel is in a pedestrian zone, so it can be a bit busy to get there.

Check-in was smooth and travelling with 4 persons we had booked a large room with 2 double beds. Room 122 was very spacious and tastefully decorated. Beds were very comfortable and very clean. Bathroom was also very good with plenty of amenities. As the room faces the roadside, it was not possible to sleep with open windows as there is a lot of noise from the street. The room itself is very well soundproofed.

Breakfast was outstanding with a large selection of food, both hot and cold. Very good fresh pressed orange juice and continues refilling of food items.

Summarising, this hotel offers very good quality for its price and is recommended for a layover or stay in the area. We will definitely be back next year.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2016

I was really impressed by how accommodating the staff at the Hotel Sonne were when I visited in early August 2016. I arrived in advance of the usual check in time. Still they were able to store my luggage very efficiently while my room was prepared. They were a big help in allowing me to quickly catch the shuttle bus I needed in order to get to Schloss Neuschwanstein for a day visit.

When I returned in the evening checking in was very simple, the desk staff had excellent English language skills. My room was decent in every respect and I enjoyed a very comfortable night. I was really taken by the striking decor in the halls and the dining area also, the surroundings gave my trip a nice lift. Checking out was very pleasant too, thanks again to the friendly and encouraging staff.

This was really the best single hotel I stayed at during my entire European trip. I would highly recommend it to any visitors to the region.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2016

They have different levels of rooms here. We stayed in the Prinzregent room, which had two large beds for the 4 of us (2 adults and 2 teenagers). This room also had air conditioning (although, we didn't need it - it was August, but very cool while we were there). Some of their rooms don't have air conditioning, but the Prinzregent rooms do. They also had face clothes, which I had heard many hotels in Germany don't have. The room was very roomy - we usually have a lot of luggage, and there was plenty of room. It was also one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. It was decorated in black - very modern - with a chandelier over the beds. This is one of the first times I've ever taken pictures of a hotel room - it was that nice. We ate in the restaurant that night, which had excellent food also. They also have a place in the basement with an iron and ironing board, which I used. Most hotel rooms don't have iron and ironing boards in the rooms, like many do in America. We were able to park our car at the hotel and walk to the Neuschwannstein castle. There are tons of shops for shopping right around the hotel also. We loved this hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2016

Mathius the receptionist was brilliant with helping us on places to visit. Room 216.Big room. Air con. Facing main road once windows closed very quiet. Sleeps 3, Comfy beds safe, mini bar, Wi-Fi. Great shower "rain "shower as well as walk in shower. Dressing gowns and slippers. No tea/coffee Beware of the bedroom door when leaving room . Mind your fingers ! Hotel set up big outside marquee for football euro 2016. . Small gym and sauna on 4th floor.Netto across road closed on Sunday. Hotel in Centre of Fussen,

Date of stay: June 2016