“Great European Food!”

Dining options: Reservations
The World
“Great European Food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

In deference to some previous posts, this is Europe (Bavaria) and things may be a bit different. I'm willing to accept the service to gain good food. This place has never let us down. The quality here is always good. Sure the waiters appear snobbish at times but...this is part of the flavor. Nothing happens here right away. If it means waiting a few extra minutes to 'people watch', so be it. I'm on a vacation and thoroughly 'take-in' everything.

The restaurant is located on Füssen's mainstream in the center of town. Great places for ice cream delacies abound.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California, United States
“Worst Service, Okay Food but Terrible Experience”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

After spending 10 days in Italy, I knew the food wouldn't compare but this was some of the worst Italian and German food I had on our entire vacation (and some of the worst we've ever had in the States too...).

The server did not like us and would not serve us. He would go to different tables that seated after us and help them and completely ignore us. When he did come over and give us menus, he was incredibly rude and wasn't helpful. We asked him a few questions about the menu and he wasn't interested in helping us.

When the food finally arrived, we were bombarded with flies. He dropped off our food and then ignored us the entire meal -- never came back to ask us if we wanted another drink (my beer was empty for a long time) and I could never ask him for ketchup with my fries. The pizza my wife got was not very good at all.

Then after all of that we had to wait for our check for over 15 minutes.

I was so upset by the end of the dinner. The food might have been okay with great service, but since it was the worst service I've ever encountered, it quickly became the WORST meal we had in Europe.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Spencer W
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Pizza on the "street"”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The San Marco is one of several restaurants on the "main" street of old Fussen. You sit under umbrellas on the street (actually now a pedestrian walkway) while the kitchen is somewhere in the back of a building, behind a retail store. We shared a large thin crust pizza with most everything, and it was very good. When we ordered, the waiter asked what we wanted on the pizza, so we just started listing things, and that's what we got. A beer complements the meal wonderfully.

Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Dinner”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a great meal, good service. We liked the pizza and service was very fast.

Visited July 2012
Stuttgart, Germany
“OMG!!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! So glad we went here on a whim. Just what we wanted and just perfect, and I am a very picky eater!!

Visited July 2012