“Worst Service, Okay Food but Terrible Experience”
Review of San Marco

San Marco
Ranked #84 of 108 Restaurants in Fussen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2012

After spending 10 days in Italy, I knew the food wouldn't compare but this was some of the worst Italian and German food I had on our entire vacation (and some of the worst we've ever had in the States too...).

The server did not like us and would not serve us. He would go to different tables that seated after us and help them and completely ignore us. When he did come over and give us menus, he was incredibly rude and wasn't helpful. We asked him a few questions about the menu and he wasn't interested in helping us.

When the food finally arrived, we were bombarded with flies. He dropped off our food and then ignored us the entire meal -- never came back to ask us if we wanted another drink (my beer was empty for a long time) and I could never ask him for ketchup with my fries. The pizza my wife got was not very good at all.

Then after all of that we had to wait for our check for over 15 minutes.

I was so upset by the end of the dinner. The food might have been okay with great service, but since it was the worst service I've ever encountered, it quickly became the WORST meal we had in Europe.

1  Thank Spencer W

Reviewed July 14, 2012

The San Marco is one of several restaurants on the "main" street of old Fussen. You sit under umbrellas on the street (actually now a pedestrian walkway) while the kitchen is somewhere in the back of a building, behind a retail store. We shared a large thin crust pizza with most everything, and it was very good. When we ordered, the waiter asked what we wanted on the pizza, so we just started listing things, and that's what we got. A beer complements the meal wonderfully.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Had a great meal, good service. We liked the pizza and service was very fast.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!! So glad we went here on a whim. Just what we wanted and just perfect, and I am a very picky eater!!

Reviewed July 4, 2012

All the dishes we ordered are in big quantity, more than we can eat. I guess this is the spirit of Italian food. Price is moderate, taste is good. Satisfactory lunch!