this is a family run hotel and their attentiveness shows they care about their guests. We had a lovely double room that appeared to have been recently renovated. Our double room was adequate size, had comfortable bed, modern ensuite and was quiet. On site off street parking works fine. Hotel does not have a lift but hosts willingly provide assistance with luggage. Breakfast room has character, food selection most acceptable and staff friendly. We can also recommend the hotel's restaurant for evening meal, great food. You can't fault the location, everything in town is walking distance and not much in nearby noise.
A few tips
1. take up their offer to organise tickets if visiting Neuschwanstein, same price and will save you standing in line at the castle to pay and get viewing time as get express line at ticket counter.
2. if using GPS to navigate car to hotel, there is a trial closure of street in front of the hotel as pedestrian mall up until 6pm which means you may not be able to go where the GPS wants to take you. It is still possible to drive to the hotel carpark but you need to go a few blocks further before turning left if coming from over river bridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1001 Possibilities for you!Unique as the town Fussen is also our prestigious hotel. Behind a picturesque facade, you will find an individual, snug comfort, in our recommended restaurant. One can enjoy all the specialties that have been made known through the Alps region.Experience the beauty of the area in the middle of the Neuschwanstein countryside during your holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Altstadthotel Zum Hechten reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Altstadthotel Zum Hechten füssen
- Altstadthotel Zum Hechten Hotel füssen