“Nice place near nature...”
Review of Kurhotel Jakob

Kurhotel Jakob
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Fussen
Reviewed July 7, 2009

After quite a long drive, we dropped into this hotel without any advanced reservation. They had rooms free, however price was higher than we expected (79 EUR).

In any case. Location is great. Set near woods, quiet., a bit away from the centre. Leading to the centre is a nice walking path beside the river (10-15 minutes of walking). Free parking is just across the street. From outside, hotel looks as a bigger "family" house, and its decorated in alpine style. Everything is typical german, very functional. Rooms are big, some even have balconies. Spa facilities are also available upon request and appointment.

There is a free wireless internet and an OK breakfast are included in the price. The owners are very helpful, and upon request they can give you a small map of Fussen. Castles are a bit away from Fussen, but there are regular buses, you can walk (5km), cycle or take your own car (4,5 EUR parking).

It felt almost like home, and this would be an excellent place to stay for a week or two, to enjoy the nature of bavaria. Unfortunately we stayed just for a night.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matevzh

Reviewed December 14, 2008

Nice hotel that is slightly removed from the city center. The hotel is close to a recreational path that leads to the park, the monestary and the city center. Good sized rooms.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2008

We stayed here over new years and we really couldn't find fault with any aspect of the hotel. The staff were absolutely lovely and very helpful at all times. The breakfast was exactly what we expected from a German hotel and very nice. The hotel IS a small distance from the centre of the town, but I felt that its location added to the charm of the hotel. No noisy cars or streets etc. and the walk into town was so beautiful it would almost be a shame to stay in the centre of town!

The only possible problem I could see was that there is no lift, only stairs but that was not a problem for us at all.

Altogether, a lovely stay in a lovely hotel. Would def go back!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AllyAllyAlly
Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is a really nice B&B within very pleasant walking distance to Fussen. Close parking and very nice, clean room. Spa facilities are available. Staff were very friendly. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank WeeLuv2Travel2
Reviewed May 1, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in October 2006. The hotel is nice, clean, and in a nice area. The price was very reasonable. The breakfast was minimal (to an American, but typical for Germany).

We were traveling by train, and walked everywhere. The hotel is small, and a little distant from the city... although the short walk along the river into Fussen is nice. The scenery is magnificent. The town is medival and beautiful. This was my third visit to Fussen, and I will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dmac5356
Reviewed November 30, 2006

The folks at this small, old fashioned hotel are very friendly and helpful. I was disappointed to get a room on top floor, only because I dislike slanted roof rooms (which can be hotter). However, the small, nicely furnished single, for only 42 euros, was comfortable, quiet, with okay bath.

The buffet breakfast is delicious (as I write this for each nice German hotel I stayed in, I'm wondering if this is a good thing). However, they have reserved seats for longtime guests in their smallish breakfast room, with limited comfortable seats. Since I went early (insisting on sitting where I liked), and the folks whose seats I was taking slept late, there was a bit of tension, but it worked out. I felt bad for the very nice young girl serving breakfast who had to deal with me.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk through a wooded area along the river to get to the wall of the old city. The walk uphill into the city is not to steep, and then your right by the main sites. It is another 10 minutes through the city to get to the tourist office.
Normally I prefer more central location, but the walk is beautiful, as is Fussen.

Next time in Fussen I will probably pay more and stay at a hotel closer to the city, with a river view, but the Hotel Jacob is a good deal for the price.

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed October 5, 2006

I stayed at Hotel Jakob in Fussen for one night October 2006, I stayed in a room with my husband and our son got another room. The hotel staff was very nice and friendly and helpful. They spoke perfect English too (I do not speak German). The hotel is very pretty, in a beautiful town. The hotel was clean and the rooms were very comfortable and the bathrooms were nice and roomy. The neighborhood was very quiet at night. They had a fridge in the hotel where beer and wine was for the guests to take and pay for later. The hotel did not have a lift or elevator, just stairs. I was on the 2nd floor and our son was on the 3rd. That might be a problem for some people. But I loved this hotel and would definitely stay there again. Also the young woman who checked us in in the evening told us about a restaurant just around the corner from the hotel that served German food and it was REALLY GOOD. It was like a family run restaurant that was like a home setting, and the food was fabulous and prices were reasonable too. I can't remember the name but it ended in "garten". We liked this hotel very much.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family