“First class”

Ranked #2 of 108 Restaurants in Fussen
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was staying at the hotel "Villa Toscana" in Füssen and, after enquiring about where I could go and have a nice Italian meal, I was advised by the receptionist to try Michelangelo and I was really glad I took the advice…
The restaurant is through a pedestrian passage so away from local traffic and as I entered I saw this very tall ceiling with beautiful "paints" reproducing Michelangelo's works…
I was immediately greeted by a friendly waiter, and I was given a place on the upper floor which overlooks the lower level…there was also no problem with me having my dog with me.
I was immediately asked what drink I wanted and given the menu…
I decided to order "bruschetta" as a starter and then "gnocchi with salmon" as main course. and both dishes exceeded every expectation! Then I opted for creme caramel as dessert and that was just as good….all the dishes where presented in a very "artistic" way so very pleasant to the eye as well…
All in all an extremely good experience and I will definitely be going back there next time I find myself travelling through Füssen...

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Who would have thought you could find fresh and delicious pizza in Fussen ? They have a sit-down restaurant but we had ours to take out. Unlike some other pizza places that use frozen beggies (!), this one uses fresh ingredients. We would recommend the "Schwarzwald" and the "Rustica". Service was fast and they even gave me an amuse-bouche while I waited

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We visited Fussen which is a beautiful city full of history well beyond the Castles themselves. Our hotel was just around the corner from Michelangelo in the heart of Fussen. We had heard of the Italian Chef owner from Calabria and the quality of his food. Had a wonderful dinner, great antipasto and great dishes of pasta and meat. Good wine list. Service wonderful and friendly.
Please note that the restaurant has a new address the restaurant is located behind the Sonne Hotel in a small passageway: Reichenstraße 33 Füssen, Germany
tel: 08362 924924.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We came down to visit the Neuschwanstein castle. We stayed at a hotel within walking distance. I recommend this place. The service was great the staff made us feel welcome. The food was very good. It was very upscale and clean.

1  Thank Marlalayne
Reviewed September 17, 2012

It takes forever to get service, food, the check, drink refilled, etc... When I went to find someone to pay for the meal (after waiting for 45 min and seeing no waiter) someone thought I was going to stiff on paying. REALLY!!! Stiffed'em on the tip.