“Great place to base a longer stay from and explore Bavaria.”
Review of Hotel Fantasia

Hotel Fantasia
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fussen
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Fantasia and were really surprised at the large sized rooms, long balconies overlooking the Hohen Schloss (a great night light) and the proximity to so many things we wanted to see. Unfortunately, we were only able to stay one night, but would like to come back in the summer and base a stay there. Our room (2 of us) had a large bed, billed as a queen, but in the US would be a king size. There was a bunk bed built into the headboard above and another single bed in the room. Our married kids' room has a 3 tier bunk bed on entering, a separate king bed room and a little kitchen, which was a surprise to us. Breakfast was great. Internet availability was appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room. If staying more than a couple days, ask for a room with kitchen.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

The hostess was very friendly, explaining us all about the city. the room very beautiful, design style with a great view to the city center. Very good option for couples seeking a romantic atmosthere. Definetly recomend it, I wish I had stayed longer.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

hotel Fantasia is located within five minutes from the station. And town centre, a very pleasant place to stay. A great breakfast selection, friendly staff a place to recommend. An alfresco breakfast area if required. the lady on reception was very helpful recommending places to visit plus the place is so safe.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

upon checking into this hotel, we were greeted by the owner. she told us a few things about the area, and showed us our (very spacious) room. we asked her if there were laundry facilities for guests to use, and she actually TOOK our washing herself, washed it and dried it, and returned it to us on the same night.. for NO charge! we couldn't believe it! and she was so happy to do it. the rooms are colourfully decorated, and reminded me of a fairytale. the bathrooms are a bit dated, but this doesn't matter at all. the hotel is walking distance from the town centre, so we walked in to have dinner. in the morning there was a substantial breakfast buffet that was included in our rate. would definitely recommend staying here if passing through fussen (oh also it's only a 10 minute drive to neuschwanstein castle)

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My kids and I loved this hotel.

1. When we saw the balcony and the awesome view of the mountains, townhall, and patio, we were floored!

2. The room not only was clean but very nicely modern with beautiful restroom mirrors, Ottomans, etc.

3. Not only did we get a refrigerator but a small kitchen with a stove to cook.

4. The TV, while we only watched it when we got back to the room was great, with many different channels.

5. 100 euros.

6. Close to tour bus line.

We loved this place!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chatoaburida
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Hotel Fantasia is a cute little hotel in Fussen, Germany. We spent one night there as we traveled through southern Germany after completing a river cruise. The hotel is clean and a good value. We had a great view outside our window of the Hohen Schloss which was pretty cool that night when the full moon rose over the corner of it. The room and bath are clean and relatively comfortable. The cost was reasonable. The only thing I did not like was that our room was small and my husband and I had 2 single beds as opposed to one larger one. I would prefer, if I stayed there again to have a larger room with a larger single bed. The breakfast was good but not included but again, reasonably priced. They do not have wash cloths however. I do value that and the staff appeared not to know what I was talking about when I asked. Knowing this, in the future I will make sure that I have my own along. Parking is on site. We were there during a heat wave and there is no A/C and no elevator. There is a rec room with computer and internet access as well as games and a garden. I wish I would have had more time there.

Room Tip: ask for a larger room with a view of the castle.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here for only one night and it was one of the best values we had during out months long trip. The service was friendly, breakfast was a super value and the rooms were clean. We truly loved everything about this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Our bus did not leave until 5 pm and the hotel was even kind enough to watch our luggage for us while we toured the city and use their wifi throughout the day. If we are in the area we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple