Hotel Ludwigs
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Fantasia(Fussen)(Great Value!)
$151
Ruchti's Hotel und Restaurant(Fussen)(Great Value!)
$175
$170
Travelocity
$198
Hotel Hirsch(Fussen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscoat hangersnice modern bathroomhotel entrancesofa bedexcellent locationwalk aroundsmall hotelcentre of townbreadneuschwanstein castleshort driveyogurtalpsregioneurope
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Room was clean and simple. Had a nice view of the street and and very central. The bathroom was a good size and was very clean. The breakfast was terrible, stale bread and not very fresh cheese, meat and fruit. The staff was extremely rude and made our stay unpleasant. Even when I tried to speak some German with the staff they were still rude. I didn't see a smile the entire three days from any of them. the wifi didn't work in our room as advertised.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The room and bathroom were spacious with modern furnishings. It was very warm which was key as we travelled during January. The street it is located on is pedestrian only but they have off street parking behind the hotel. There is a restaurant below the rooms which is open to the public and can get quite busy as the hotel is centrally located on one of the main streets. There is no elevator but the furtherest you have to walk is only a couple of flights of stair so most people should be fine. The reception is located at the entrance to the restaurant and by reception I mean restaurant till. If you’re ok with no hotel lobby though, this place is great value for money. I would stay here again as the rooms were nice and modern and its location was excellent. I don’t tend to spend my time hanging out in a hotel room but if its atmosphere you wanted then this might not be the best hotel for you.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a pedestrian street - email hotel beforehand to get directions/address of their off site parking which is located behind the hotel. It might save you getting out and doing a reccie like we had to do before we found the parking spot. Im not sure what noise level their street rooms have but we were at the back of the hotel and it was perfectly quiet - wouldnt get the street views though...
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a nice hotel in pedestrian zone of Fussen. It was only about a 6 minute walk from the train station - so very easy to get to.

Unlike other reviewers I also had to leave the windows open at night but the restaurant closed and the street was quiet after 10:00 pm so I had no problem sleeping. It was different having to check-in with the restaurant staff but they were very nice.

The rooms are all updated and are very nice. They have wooden floors and the bed was very confortable with large duvets on the bed. The bathroom was very nice and updated. They also offered free wifi in the rooms.

They have a breakfast that is very nice. They offered cereal, fruit, meat and cheeses. This was included in the price and made a good start to the day.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank grove911
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I agree with some of the other reviewers, other than the great central location the stay in the hotel itself is rather unpleasant. Being above the restaurants there is no sleep at night, the windows have to stay open due to the extreme heat so both light and noise are endless. Luckily we were only there for 2 nights. The staff were strange - I think we had the actual manager check us in - might have been the language barrier but he said very little to us and we had to try to guess what he was thinking. I tried to hand him our booking confirmation which he ignored and a few minutes later grunted and grabbed for the paper in my hands. You get what you pay for though, this place was comparatively very cheap. If you don't mind sleep deprivation or it is only a short stay where you can catch up on sleep a few days later then it is alright to stay at. I wouldn't stay here again - as other reviewers have said there are other places to stay that seem quieter but are more expensive. On the way to Fussen on the train from Munich we met some people who were just going to Fussen for the day to visit the Neuschwenstein Castle and then returning to Munich that afternoon. In hindsight I would have done the same thing - other than the castle there is nothing really to see in Fussen and the little town can easily be covered in a day trip. Check whether the restaurants will take a card before you sit down to dinner. One place we went to only told us at the end of the meal they wanted cash only. We managed to scrap together the exact amount in cash with nothing left for a tip which the girl was not happy with - why to warn people about cash only.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in was fine, it was the heat and constant noise that will keep you awake all night, don't think room placement can change that. If you know what you are in for and prepare for sleeplessness the good price might be worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

If I hadn't had to sleep in this hotel, I would have given it four stars. It's in a great location and the rooms are lovely. Beautiful wooden floors and furniture, fluffy white bedding, overall excellent appearances. The housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly.

But. The bed was not at all comfortable. And the curtains didn't fit the windows, meaning street light came in unimpeded. We closed the windows to cut down on the noise (it's in the pedestrian part of town, so no traffic noise, but upstairs from two (or three?) restaurants and people having their dinner when you're trying to sleep can be surprisingly loud!), but then the room became unbearably hot.

I wanted to like this hotel, I really really did. But my sleep there was miserable and I wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Street-facing rooms can be noisy and bright, rear-facing rooms may have no view. Ask first!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family