“Centrally located with good restaurant”
Review of Goldenes Lamm

Goldenes Lamm
Ranked #2 of 13 Dinkelsbuhl B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2013

A welcoming hotel with free parking that is 2 blocks from the city center. The staff was a quite abrupt when we asked for tourist map and suggestions on where to go in the city. The rooms were large and the breakfast very good. There was a nice patio sitting area in the rear. Our reservation was made by the local tourist bureau.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Goldenes Lamm

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Very welcoming and helpful staff after a long ride on a motorbike. Really good car park behind, lovely sun terrace and our room was huge. We ate in the hotel restaurant which was lovely but breakfast was superb. A really wide choice with lovely little touches such as knitted hats on the boiled eggs. We had a lovely stay and a welcome touch of luxury on our trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AJH33
Reviewed September 28, 2011

The hotel has a good location 1 1/2 blocks from the main square. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a garage for bicycles. Breakfast is good.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emkay0
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Stayed here for one night whilst driving from Bruges to just outside Venice, was originally planning to stay in Fussen but changed our routing slightly and must say how happy we are that we did.

Check in was extremely easy and the room exceeded expectation as it was a lot larger than expected with a settee along with our double bed and single for our daughter, plenty of room and very clean.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful and mostly spoke good English, the food we ate in the restaurant was also very enjoyable and good value for money.

The parking facility was also very good as a secure garage was supplied (small fee of Eur 7) which was located at the rear of the building easily accessible via the terrace.

Within the historic old town and only a short stroll into the centre, all in all a great little hotel that we were delighted to find and would highly recommend for a great value stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Andy B
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Check in was a breeze as we had reservations. Owner can communicate in conversational English to us. Room was good, clean and spacious. We ate at the restuarant for dinner as we were tired after a long drive. The food and wine was good. While we were eating there, the night watchman came and one of the lady asked whether we would like to take a peep. Agreed with a earlier reviewer that the staff didnt have to do that and we really appreciate the gesture.
Breakfast was included in the room rate and was really a buffet spread with many stuff and juices. I nearly burst my stomach. ;)
The garage is about 3 streets away but it links directly to the back of the hotel garden and patio. Charges apply for parking at the garage even though there was an earlier review which said that parking was free. The owner on the second day had to ask us to drive our car to the front of the garage as there was a second car parking into the garage. I remembered telling her that the friend who was holding the car key was feeling under the weather and when we checked out, she asked whether hes feeling better.
No wifi though.
Location is not really centrally located, its slightly off the central as its a street away. Its approx 3 minutes or less walking distance to the central. Theres a bargain store located just a street away and theres a nice candle shop oft the central area. They had good discounts on their nicely crafted candles.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Hotel centrally located within the walls of the old town. Booked in initially for one night but due to unforeseen circumstances stayed longer. Arrived on spec, owners offered to show us a room without us having to ask. Needless to say we checked in. Rooms were on the upper floor, with exposed beams and very atmospheric. Breakfast was included in the price of the room and was one of the best we had during our week away. We ate in the restaurant in the evening and the meal and service was superb, made all the much better by it being asparagus season. The hotel also has a lovely garden and patio area for sitting out and free parking. The owners went well out of their way to help out during our stay, for which we are very grateful. THOROUGHLY RECOMMENDED!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I stayed at the Goldenes Lamm in Dinkelsbuhl during my travels across Bavaria and Baden to see the Christkindlmarkt. After experiencing the stress and strain of trying to park my car in Regensburg and Bamberg, it was pure delight to pull up to the Goldenes Lamm and have an easy place to park. Once my car was easily and safely parked, the Goldenes Lamm provided me a very clean, comfortable, spacious, well appointed room at a very fair price. The hotel is family-owned, and their attention to detail and service showed and was very much appreciated. Although I almost always dine away from my hotel during my travels, I was tired from a long day on the road and settled for dinner at the Goldenes Lamm. I was not disappointed. Both the service and quality of the food were excellent. Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy breakfast because I had to leave earlier than expected to battle the snow back to Munich for an early afternoon flight. Although I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Rothenburg ob der Tauber during a previous visit to Germany, I found Dinkelsbuhl even more charming and authentic. My sincere appreciation and compliments to the owners of the Goldenes Lamm. I look forward to a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo