“Beautiful Grounds and Tranquil Setting”

Botanischer Garten - Japan Garten
Ranked #8 of 76 things to do in Augsburg
Wichita, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Beautiful Grounds and Tranquil Setting”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I spent the afternoon at the gardens taking photos and enjoying the peaceful gardens. After several hours of wandering and shooting pictures of the beautiful flowers that were in bloom, I found a nice chaise lounge under an inviting tree and kicked up my heels for a nice rest. I really enjoyed the tropical gardens (under glass) and searched for hours for the Dahlia garden, finally giving up due to tired feet and a touch of a sunburn. Was a delightful time spent with nature. I took the #32 bus from centrum both ways.... too long of a distance to walk. Thankfully while walking, I stopped a lady and she gave me directions to the nearest bus stop.

Visited June 2014

Houston
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“love the umbrella tree”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I was born in Augsburg, Germany in 1965, I have been going there for years and each time I visit I have taken a photo under the umbrella tree (I know it has a more formal name but can't recall it) with my Grandmother, and my Mother. It was so small in the beginning, after a few years they put a chair under it, and as it grew they took the chair out and put a settee under it. I have about 15 photos of this tree as it grew and as our family grew. It is a beautiful garden and is especially lovely in the spring after the snow is gone and the flowers are in full bloom.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank worldtravelsavy
Amman
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Breathtaking in Spring time”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were mainly visiting the zoo and decided to take a quick tour in the botanic garden before we enter the zoo. We ended up spending several hours there..
It was absolutely breathtaking. very quiet, peaceful and romantic. so many flowers and plants, with many lovely shades and colors. There are places to sit quietly and enjoy a book or just the refreshing breeze.
It's divided into sections, the Japanese section was our favorite for the beautiful lake that's there.
But you must visit it during the right season. We visited in end of March and the roses weren't out yet. But many others were :) it's a huge garden.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Shireen H
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Botanical Gaarden”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The garden is excellent place to relax. We have visited the garden with my two sons and my wife. The fee is reasonable and it worth a visit if you need a quit place to relax.

Visited September 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice place to relax.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

It was larger than most botanical gardens. It has a nice little place to eat, hidden little walkways and chairs available to lay in the sun or read a book. Entrance was less than 5 euro per adult person. A definite nice place to visit with a special someone as well.

Visited July 2013