“I'd go back...”

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Augsburg
Melbourne, Australia
“I'd go back...”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was taking care of a large group and this was our base as they attended a conference in Munich. From memory it was 40+ rooms we had, and overall it was a great experience for all. I have to start with my negative so I can finish on a positive... 6 months after my group stayed the hotel contacted me about a bill for laundry, about 60euro from memory, fair enough, they should have paid, but the hotel should have realised their error at the time (or shortly after) and certainly with the number of people we had staying they could have let it go so long after the fact. That's it, that's my negative. Augsburg is a great town and the hotel is close to the train station, and a reasonable but easy walk into town. The town was having big overhaul's so I'd like to go back in a year and see it again as I think it would be a really lovely, larger German town. The rooms at the hotel were comfortable, reasonably sized and with large balconies for views over town. It's not the prettiest from the outside, but don't let that put you off! The staff were all sensational, and the food was really good. If you are trying to get into Munich I would recommend train over driving as the traffic was pretty terrible. As I said i'd love to go back to Augsburg and would definitely consider staying at the Dorint again...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you very much for your nice and fair review.

We are happy that overall you enjoyed the stay here and also would come back.

And we are very sorry about the handling regarding the invoice. This should not happen.

Your team from Dorint Hotel Augsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Dorint hotel is a round grey high-rise without a striking look from outside. But inside is much better than expected. Our room was clean, modern and spacious. It came with a balcony with a nice view to enjoy the greenery surrounding the hotel which is a big plus. The reception lady was very friendly and helpful and spoke fluent English. The hotel was a nice change for me and my wife after staying in other 4-star hotels in Wursberg and Rothenburg switching from the old world to the new. I definitely will stay in this hotel again in my next trip to Augsburg.

Stanley & Pandora from Singapore

Room Tip: Higher floors will have better views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed the stay on our hotel.
And we hope to welcome you again one time.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The first thing that strikes you from the outside of the Dorint is the ugly concrete entrance and this is off-putting. However, don't turn away, go inside and you are met with a huge foyer and bar area. The staff are all obviously well-trained and are very pleasant and helpful. They all speak excellent English as well.
The rooms are oddly shaped due to the building design but are clean and comfortable. The shower in the room I was in was huge but disappointing in terms of power. Then again, I like a shower with the power of a water cannon! Flat screen TV but apart from news and business programmes nothing in English, so I'm guessing it wasn't satellite. They did have PPV movies though. Still, wasn't in the room long enough to watch it.
We didn't have dinner in the hotel but the breakfast was excellent with a chef on hand to cook omellettes (?) and eggs to order.
My only complaint was I did not stay long enough to enjoy the hotel and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your detailled review.

We are happy, that overall you enjoyed the stay in our hotel,
and we hope, to welcome you again sometime.

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at Dorint with my daughter and my friend. We chose Augsburg as a base for trips to Munich,Neuschwanstein and Legoland, and Dorint, because it seemed like the best hotel in Augsburg.
The hotel was pretty much as expected. Good size of room, very clean, nice balcony, quiet area, good staff, nothing to complain about. Extra plus for bathrobes and slippers, and for San Soussi bath products.

The only remarks is that the extras were a little expensive. 18 Euro a day for parking, same for breakfast, but I understand that these charges are not unusual for hotels in Germany. Nor is the extra you have to pay for Wi-Fi.

The breakfast was good, but really wasn't worth 18 Euro. During my two weeks of travelling in Germany, I ate similar breakfasts for both the same price, and half the price. I guess it depends on how much you eat.

But my overall experience was very good, so I would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.

We are happy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel.

Amarillo, TX
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place to stay! Stay VERY helpful and great location for walking or bus to sites. Breakfast was excellent. Provided lots of help in getting around town and suggestions for places to eat. They did a great job and I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review.

And we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked on business - needed to stay 3 nights but could only get first 2 nights booked on the web. So phoned hotel directly and they managed to get a single room for last night - however as it transpired the front desk satff organised such that I did not have to move rooms. I was on the top floor so wonderful views from balcony - Room was spotless and WiFi good in the rooms though you have to pay small fee after a free 15mins / day . Breakfast was ok - but quite expensive if not on B&B arrangement. Short walk to old town and easy to locate the hotel on the way back as I think the highest landmark in Augsburg

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.

We are hapy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel.
And we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

with best regards
Bournemouth, England
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here on business in Augsburg and nearby Affing.
Really easy to locate due to the fact that the hotel is a high circular tower and local landmark.
Very impressive and modern, which makes it interesting.
Convenient parking at rear and also adjacent public multi-storey park.
Good welcome from the staff and efficient check-in. Coffee and bar area by reception is good for quick informal meetings. Service is friendly and fast.
Bedroom was very clean and bathroom large with excellent walk-in shower, very powerful. Heating in room not efficient or effective. TV easy to control, online services and films costly.
Otherwise, a good night sleep.
Spacious breakfast area with vast array of food, with fresh egg cooking service a good feature.
Quiet, comfortable and spacious. Not hurried. Cost of €18 is not cheap.
Overall my stay was very good and I would recommend this hotel to for business or visitors to this beautiful city. Very pleasant local people.
Will look forward to a return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to get a view over the city. When snowing front can be noisy due to late night a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RUSS1602
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.

We are happy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, and we hope to see you again one time.