“Great stay in Augsburg.”

Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Augsburg
Bergen, Norway
“Great stay in Augsburg.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at Dorint with my daughter and my friend. We chose Augsburg as a base for trips to Munich,Neuschwanstein and Legoland, and Dorint, because it seemed like the best hotel in Augsburg.
The hotel was pretty much as expected. Good size of room, very clean, nice balcony, quiet area, good staff, nothing to complain about. Extra plus for bathrobes and slippers, and for San Soussi bath products.

The only remarks is that the extras were a little expensive. 18 Euro a day for parking, same for breakfast, but I understand that these charges are not unusual for hotels in Germany. Nor is the extra you have to pay for Wi-Fi.

The breakfast was good, but really wasn't worth 18 Euro. During my two weeks of travelling in Germany, I ate similar breakfasts for both the same price, and half the price. I guess it depends on how much you eat.

But my overall experience was very good, so I would choose this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2013
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your nice review.

We are happy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel.

Your team from Dorint Hotel Augsburg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Amarillo, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place to stay! Stay VERY helpful and great location for walking or bus to sites. Breakfast was excellent. Provided lots of help in getting around town and suggestions for places to eat. They did a great job and I would stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your nice review.

And we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Booked on business - needed to stay 3 nights but could only get first 2 nights booked on the web. So phoned hotel directly and they managed to get a single room for last night - however as it transpired the front desk satff organised such that I did not have to move rooms. I was on the top floor so wonderful views from balcony - Room was spotless and WiFi good in the rooms though you have to pay small fee after a free 15mins / day . Breakfast was ok - but quite expensive if not on B&B arrangement. Short walk to old town and easy to locate the hotel on the way back as I think the highest landmark in Augsburg

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, May 31, 2013

thank you for your review.

We are hapy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel.
And we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

with best regards
Bournemouth, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here on business in Augsburg and nearby Affing.
Really easy to locate due to the fact that the hotel is a high circular tower and local landmark.
Very impressive and modern, which makes it interesting.
Convenient parking at rear and also adjacent public multi-storey park.
Good welcome from the staff and efficient check-in. Coffee and bar area by reception is good for quick informal meetings. Service is friendly and fast.
Bedroom was very clean and bathroom large with excellent walk-in shower, very powerful. Heating in room not efficient or effective. TV easy to control, online services and films costly.
Otherwise, a good night sleep.
Spacious breakfast area with vast array of food, with fresh egg cooking service a good feature.
Quiet, comfortable and spacious. Not hurried. Cost of €18 is not cheap.
Overall my stay was very good and I would recommend this hotel to for business or visitors to this beautiful city. Very pleasant local people.
Will look forward to a return.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to get a view over the city. When snowing front can be noisy due to late night a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RUSS1602
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.

We are happy, that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, and we hope to see you again one time.

Heidelberg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Dorint Augusbug has a really interesting architectural design. It was built in the 70es but has been remodeled carefully and is up to date. Parking is right next to the hotel in a parking garage (fee). You can reach the city center in about 15 minutes by foot or 5 minutes with a tram. We had a weekend arragement with a dinner. Dinner was very well and so was the breakfast. Our room was on a high floor, so we had a nice view over the city of augsburg. Everything was clwan and we even got a welcome present in our room (some christmas cookies). I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dorint A, Manager at Dorint Hotel An der Kongresshalle Augsburg, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear guest,

thank you for your nice review.
We are happy that you liked your stay in our hotel.

Monaco-Ville, Monaco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I drove through Augsburg and as a collector of unusual hotel experiences (see my travelblog) thought I'd pay the Dorint Augsburg a visit, due to its quasi famous architecture. What a disappointment. The lobby was deserted. The bar dull. The restaurant dark and dead and closed at 2 pm. A big permanent sign in the lobby recommended to ask for a card to visit the viewing area on the highest floor. When I did, the receptionist turned me away rudely "I can't allow you up there. It's a conference area." Considering there was no conference that day, me being dressed smart enough, and being an Accor Platinum member, I was really surprised by the rude turn-away. When I walked around the hotel anyway, the receptionist watched me as if I was an intruder, even phoned her colleague in the restaurant to keep an eye on me. Hilarious. Made me smile. But can't give more than one point for such deadly Dorint service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear guest,

thank you for your review.
We are sorry that you did not like our hotel.

We do not have a public viewing area and there isn't any sign to ask for key cards,
except for special conference/banquett attendees. But this is no excuse for the way,
how this was told you. We are sorry for that.

New Ulm, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stayed at the Dorint during a recent business trip in Augsburg. The hotel was very nice, the staff was superb and the food was good. Their breakfast has a bit of everything, a little expensive, but everything is for breakfast in Germany - is always the best meal of the day for me when traveling. The rooms were modern and spacious - even the bathrooms, which is sometimes rare in Germany. The hotel is easy to find, but a short ways away from the center of the beautiful city of Augsburg. Parking is available on site for 18 EU per day. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the front or side of the hotel you will have a nice view. There is a park behin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

thank you for your review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again.

Your team from dorint Hotel Augsburg