Recently spent two nights here while visiting Augsburg.
The hotel has recently been refurbished to a very high standard - slick, modern and in very good taste. There is still work being carried out too.
When we were visitng, (mid September) the centre of Augsburg was (still is?) one massive set of road works. The sat nav gave up 'recalculating' and we used intuition on getting to the hotel which we eventually did. We had one waiting in the car, while the other dashed into the hotel to ask where we could park. A private multi-storey carpark, along with more conference facilities are the remaining works being done to the hotel. In the meantime a sympathetic receptionist told us where to park. It was the nearest public parking garage to the hotel, but still a 5-8 minute walk away, not fun with luggage.
Check in was efficient if a little cool (not the sympathetic one this time). Our room was at the back of the hotel (good location - main road the hotel is on is a major thoro'fare in the city) so quiet and west facing. It was small but beautifully furnished and decorated - all new, top quality furniture and fabrics. The bathroom was also quite small, well tiny really but also immaculately designed, really quite beautiful! The toiletries were superb too. I would agree with reviewer 'wre3' that the a/c was not up to scratch and had hardly any effect. The weather was warm while we were in Augsburg and we had to keep the window open - so it was fortunate we were not on the main road. However, we had electronically controlled external blinds to the window while helped keep the fierce afternoon sun out of the room, nice touch.
The beds were very comfortable, the linens excellent and the bathroom towels also. We had a minibar, massive LCD flat screen TV, ipod docking station and an amazing telephone.
We had dinner both nights in the hotel restaurant, Maximillians. It was excellent - even faultless. The menu (with English translation) was well thought out. The service was perfection - charming friendly and efficient. The food was similarly excellent. It was comfortably busy and very slick in design, like the rest of the hotel. Breakfast was similarly excellent, massive choice, hot and cold and well, faultless !
We booked through a third party consolidator and got a very good rate which made our stay all the more enjoyable !
I'd have given this hotel an 'excellent' rating had it not been for the pathetic a/c and the awkward parking arrangements - which cost us an extortionate 30 euros for our two nights which included a Sunday when nothing is opened ! A little larger room would have been nice too but hey - it was still more than okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a stunning history going back over 500 years the Steigenberger Hotel Drei Mohren is one of the most traditional hotels in Germany. As the place to be it is located on the historic and glamorous boulevard of Augsburg, the Maximilianstraße. Also the city of Augsburg has a long history going back over 2000 years: stretching from the Romans to the era of the textile industry, through to the Augsburg Puppenkiste puppet theater and Bertold Brecht, who attended high school here. The Fuggerei and the main train station both take approx. 14 minutes to walk to, while the Town Hall Square and Perlachturm tower can be reached in about 5 minutes. The 131 air-conditioned rooms are furnished in an elegant style and have a size from 20 sqm to 83 sqm. Choose between the categories Standard, Superior, Executive or Suite. In addition the hotel offers also a barrier-free room as well as allergic-rooms and apartments for longer stays equipped with a small kitchen. The culinary highlight of the hotel is the Gourmet Restaurant Sartory. Based on the french cuisine executive chef and host Simon Lang knows how to create culinary highlights combined with an exclusive selection of wine. The restaurant MAXIMILIAN’S offers you a variety of regional and international delicacies. The open kitchen and the modern atmosphere, both together with its extensive wine selection will invite you to linger. Feel free to enjoy our terrace during summer evenings while having a spectacular view on the historic Schaezlerpalais or the Maximilianstraße. The bar 3M with its fine cocktails, regional spirits, nonalcoholic refreshments and typical bar food is a special place to meet downtown. There are twelve variable function rooms from 26 sqm to 538 sqm with a total space of over 1000 sqm. Several foyers and a terrace in the courtyard complement the event part. Our 360 sqm Day SPA Relax Max with an aroma-sole-steambath, a biological sauna, a Finnish sauna and a room for relaxation is the ideal place for recreation. A fitness room and a separate ladies sauna are also part of this oriental designed area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Steigenberger Hotel Drei Mohren reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Drei Mohren Augsburg
- Steigenberger Drei Mohren Hotel Augsburg