“Good, But Service and Room amenities can be improved”

Ibis Augsburg Hauptbahnhof
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in Augsburg
Chennai
“Good, But Service and Room amenities can be improved”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

I had been to this Hotel on an official trip with one of my colleague and stayed there for 14 days.

Highlights:
1. The hotel is good for stay as it is in heart of the town
2. Walkakble distance to the Railway station.
3. Supermarkets and many shopping centres are very near to the hotel.
4. Well known hotel of the town.

Lowlights:
1. Service can be improved.
2. Rooms & washrooms are not spacious, very congested.
3. No much choice for a vegetarian in the restaurant.

Overall, I can rate it good for it's better connectivity.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank DSSP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Porto Alegre, RS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

I recommend this hotel only if you are in Business condition, because is near the Central Station. Otherwise you should stay in a Hotel more central, because this one is far from the City Hall and its boundaries, which are the most special things from Augsburg.
The room was old and very, very small. I think it could be renewed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank laetitiaGermany

Travelers are raving about these Augsburg hotels

NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2009

My wife and I are on our first OCONUS vacation to Germany for a week. Stayed here in Augsburg after a long day filled with touring Rothenberg ob der Tauber and driving the Romantic Road! Drove all over Augsburg looking for this place...the road map we bought was worthless. Eventually, we had to access Google Maps on my I-phone to find the place (not the motels fault!). Once we found it, check-in went quickly and the front desk clerk was very welcoming and spoke great English. She gave us a photo-copy of a city map which came in great for our departure the next day. The elevator took us to the 3rd floor (Germany calls it the 2nd floor...basically the 3rd story) and we got to our room. Based on the TripAdvisor reviews, we knew not to expect much from the room as far as decor and we were merely interested in getting a good nights rest. What we failed to plan for was the lack of a/c, something I guess we really take for granted in the states! We opened the window to get the air moving. At a minimum, a fan would have been a modest compromise. After bedding down for the night, sleep was another luxury we were denied. We were on the street-side of the hotel so vehicle traffic was frequent all night. Between squeaky brakes, speeding cars and the small bar across from the motel, as well as the REQUIREMENT to have the window open all night, we didn't sleep! There were people talking, glass breaking and doors slamming all night. At about 4AM, the room cooled off enough that I closed it (effectively locking out all of the noise) and we slept until 0630. The breakfast buffet was very welcome and filling that morning...the departure painful due to lack of rest.

One other note: wireless internet was on the expensive side and the complimentary lobby computer was fickle (kept resetting itself while we were trying to book the next day's billeting).

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2008

During a long trip around Germany and Austria I stayed here for one night to break up a rather convoluted journey between Stuttgart and Graz in Austria.

I'd originally planned to stay in München (Munich) but the hotel prices there were astronomical and as Augsburg is less than an hour away by train I decided to stay there instead. In the event I wished I'd spent an extra night in Stuttgart and taken the hit on the travelling time instead.

Don't get me wrong; the Ibis Augsburg Hauptbahnhof is a perfectly acceptable hotel - except that it hasn't got air conditioning, which is now pretty much standard in Accor hotels. The night I stayed there was rather warm and humid, and so I had to have the window open all night, with trams passing and so on and so forth. I sleep deeply, so I slept well enough, but I'd have preferred a less sticky night in an air-conditioned room - such as the room I'd vacated that morning in the Etap in Stuttgart!

I didn't try the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Overall, I'll give the Ibis Augsburg Hauptbahnhof 2 stars this time. It's in a handy location for travellers, the rooms are fine and at any time apart from the summer it'd be a nice example of the Ibis chain. But in summer? Sorry, but air conditioning is a basic expectation nowadays, and the lack of it knocks a star off my rating.

• Liked — Great location for rail travellers
  • Disliked — Lack of air-conditioning during a hot sumeer's night :-(
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
3 Thank rossh1
Rossendale Lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

Hotel was very easy to find excellent location for train travelers
Room was a little noisy with street noise. Good basic room small but clean. For travelers who are interested in a room which provides the essentials without the 'bells and whistles'.
Staff were friendly and helpful This hotel was a great value for the money. Would stay there again

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Pillows and Noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank DoreenLancs
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2008

This hotel was what you'd expect from an Ibis with the exception that it didn't have air conditioning. This wasn't too much of a problem (I kept the window open) until 7:30 am when construction started on the road below the window. If AC is a must for you, try the other Ibis in Augsburg!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NM03
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

Ibis rooms are generally small and the service mediocre. This hotel does not have a restaurant (except breakfast). Our double room was larger and brighter than other ibis hotels. We paid £56 for the night which included a first class cont breakfast

Stayed October 2007