“Very nice staff and good price”
Review of Ubernacht Hostel

Ubernacht Hostel
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice staff and good price”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My partner and I stayed in a double room in this hostel. We found it to be very clean and basic (no TV in room, air conditioning, and a bathroom shared with many other rooms). The staff were exceptionally nice - sending us a huge email when we confirmed with all sorts of information, offering to print our train tickets for us, and being very helpful and welcoming. I can't comment on the location as we didn't really get a chance to see much of Augsburg, we were just passing through. The price was good and it met our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Übernacht is a very good hostel, and far better than your average independent hostel.

It's located in the city centre, though on the down side it is on a busy main road so if you are sleeping at the front of the building as I was, it can be noisy in the summer when the windows are open.

The hostel feels fresh, clean and new. The showers and toilets are extremely modern and clean. The only problem I had was with the push-button water-saving taps in the sinks. They simply functioned very poorly - at times you would press the button 20-30 times, varying your angle, and perhaps once you would get water for about four seconds.

The staff were friendly and helpful - particularly the girl with the frizzy blonde hair and sunshine smile.

There is a good-sized television room and the kitchen is well equipped, spacious and clean. We made use of the kitchen facilities by cooking a meal one night.

The hostel has a smoking room. Whilst others may see this as progressive, I see this as a step backwards. Whenever I went near the kitchen entrance there was a strong and musty odour of cigarettes lingering in the hallway which had come from the smoking room. It's a shame that if they are insistent on having a smoking room, it is not better ventilated at least for us non-smokers.

The rooms themselves were also bright and clean. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well. There are lockers in the rooms for safekeeping. The hostel also has WIFI (not free of charge) and the connection is good.

Overall, I think this is a very good hostel and I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank powermetal
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was a nice hostel (friendly staff, good location, clean and nice common areas and modern and new furniture). I however felt the place could have been homey-er, there was not much of an atmosphere. Moreover, internet was extra which I always find quite annoying... But all in all a nice experience. I would particularly recommend it if you are travelling with others.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Houston, TX
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Great place to stay, right in the middle of town. Lots of places to eat and drink and shop just right out the door. It is a bit loud....as evidence by the bowl of earplugs at the check in desk. I had a double room. A bit small but worked perfectly. Bathrooms were very clean...one issue though the shower is on a timer button and it didn't stay on for very long periods...maybe two mins max. You have to keep pushing the button to have water. It seems to cycle to cold right before it shuts off too. Kind of a pain after a few days. Other than that it was a great cheap place to stay in Augsburg.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bavaria, Germany
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I stayed here for five nights, and the bill came to €95. This is an exceptionally clean hostel. I have never seen cleaner showers. My dorm had three bunk beds. The staff were incredibly helpful, and one member of staff even used his blackberry to check a bus timetable online for me. There is a kitchen if you want to prepare meals. There is every appliance you could ask for: dishwasher, microwave, etc. There is a tv room, that was mostly empty while I was there. There is WLAN all over the establishment, but for a charge. To call it a hostel is not fair. In my dorm was a family, and one other girl. Most people were asleep by 10pm. There is no noise that could possibly interfere with one's sleep.
I highly recommend this hostel, and intend returning.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business