All reviews nice courtyard nice breakfast old world i highly recommend this hotel no elevator wonderful hotel perfect location room was large parking garage hotel is located old building train station cathedral suite bells city archway
Reviewed December 9, 2015

I guess the nearest translation of "Bischofshof" is "Bishopscourt". Right next to the cathedral this courtyard surrounded by what is now the hotel and its restaurant obvuously has a bit of history. My room was directly opposite the building that housed the reception, the restaurant and a good many of the guests' rooms. On my first of two nights my building was very quiet, and I thought I was the only one in it. I was handed two keys, the first opening the exterior door, whereupon my luggage and I climbed stairs to the third floor, where there was a small lounge. From here was a corridor that led to my room.

The room was well appointed. The only thing I didn't like was the pillow, which resembled a sandbag. I requested a second for my second night, which helped a little. The room temperature was 22, a little higher than I prefer for sleeping. I was unable to turn down the heating in the main room or the bathroom, so left the window open, which brought the temperature to 20. There was no air conditioning or fan, so I don't think I'd want to be here on a bot summer night. Television was fine, though only one English-language news channel (CNN).

Breakfast was good. I had a shirt laundered for a third of what it had cost me at Berlin a few days earlier. Wifi was iffy in my room and a couple of times I had to take my tablet down to reception.

The hotel is very conveniently located for restaurants and for exploring the old town, but I needed taxis from and to the railway station.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank GrahamWM
Reviewed November 8, 2015

Our family stayed in one of suites for a lovely long weekend. The position in great for exploring and the hotel itself unique in its fusion of old and new. We can highly recommend for any business or holiday travelers.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Arrived and were quickly directed to the wonderful underground parking within the hotel grounds. Shown to our beautiful room. So tastefully decorated and comfortable. The entire hotel is stunning from the inside and outside. We had a deluxe room and would have loved to have seen a suite! The welcome was very friendly and the breakfast was good. Service was efficient with good coffee too.
If in Regensburg again, would certainly stay at this hotel. Can highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed September 25, 2015

This Hotel can be recommended since idealy placed in the middle of the city and next to the Dom. it's 4 star but worth it's price. for a special stay
choose the amazing suite. breakfast if not too many people at same time is o.k. for food you have all possibilities nearby.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2015 via mobile

I have been twice to visit friends in the city. Once in every zone in the hotel. First time it was a new room with air condition and lift but the second time we booked a suite. There is no lift, no air condition ( they provide to us the small fun I have ever seen. ), no room service, no flat TV. The Room is not so big and of course at 6 o'clock the sound of the bells. I understand that this is the best hotel in Regensburg but it is only a 3-4 start

Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family