“Excellent for what it sets out to achieve”

B&B Hotel Regensburg
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Regensburg
Midlands, UK
“Excellent for what it sets out to achieve”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Used this hotel for a one night stopover during a lengthy drive.

Clean, well designed, free onsite parking, WiFi connection, good breakfast, comfortable beds, good sound insulation.

It doesn't purport to be The Ritz - but if offers good accommodation at great rates.

I recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

An example of continental naming of businesses without truly understanding the English origin. B&B means bed and breakfast right? Same here only breakfast is an additional Euro 7.50 per person.

Whilst I liked the modern look and feel of the hotel and perhaps because I can sleep anywhere, I thought it was okay. But kids in a neighbouring family room found the beds uncomfortable. The shower cubicle smelled badly (I checked, it did) and the room was for them stuffy.

Positive points, good edge of town location with accessible free parking. Wifi worked well but with a ridiculous registration system (same as at Bahrain airport) where you have to provide your details and mobile number to receive an SMS code to input. Hello, the reason I want a WiFi connection is because my phone costs too much to roam with!! Stupid beyond belief. That said, the system does not work and logs you on anyway! Bureaucracy of the type that says worrying things about a country and how it understands the use of the Internet.

When we mentioned the smelly room, the very nice owners offered us a refund which was more than acceptable.

Breakfast really was not worth Euro 7.50 - kids and wife all thought it was the poorest value and selection we had on trip - very basic continental. I would suggest that this chain (a) includes breakfast in price to align with the chain's name (or what name implies) and reduce prices byat least 25%. This was the worst value hotel during our eight day trip to Germany and Austria which took in Guest Houses, Chain Hotels and quirky individually owned properties.

Overall verdict - could do better really at these prices.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dannymcl
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

In April 2012, I rented a car in Frankfurt with Sixt (the best deal then) and drove through Germany, Austria, Slovakia (Bratislava only) Slovenia and Croatia for 25 days. I stayed in 20 hotels and spent an average of 72 Can/US dollars per night, which is way cheaper than the prices in Canada and USA. Based on this experience, I will rate those 20 hotels.

SEVENTEENTH REVIEW: B&B HOTEL, REGENSBURG, GERMANY

Although not located in downtown Regensburg, this hotel is a great bargain for a short stay, only 48 euros a night. The hotel looks very new. The room was very clean and functional, with good wifi, which is not that common in many hotels. Free parking too. Very helpful staff. They told me about the free parking in downtown, which saved me a few bucks, if I just parked the first place I saw. I guess you can take public transportation easily, too. I would recommend it and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lucia G
Gouda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Traveling recently from Croatia to the Netherlands we decided to take a break half way. The B&B Hotel was the perfect choice. I have to say we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel, the rooms were perfect, clean, convenient, the breakfast (at an additional 7,5 euros) was abundant, the coffee was even good (I am picky about my coffee) The hotel has free parking, free wi-fi, you can check in at any time of the night. The price was, for all the hotel offered, very reasonable. I also have to say that I really like the interior design, it is simple but by no means bare. I would not recommend it for a prolonged stay as the rooms are small and there are no amenities, but for short stays I highly recommend this hotel.
A lot of thought has gone to the overall functionality of this hotel, and it is definitely a place we will be returning to. Well done B&B Hotel Regensburg!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Sofia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

+ Very clean. Nice design of the rooms. Free and fast WiFi. Free parking. English channels on the TV. Air-conditioning.

- B&B means 'bed AND BREAKFAST' in most parts of the world, the 7 euro/pp additional charge for the breakfast was a surprise. No restaurant, as expected for a 3-star hotel. No mini-fridge. The beds are cheap, I could feel the springs with my back. Only one 220V socket in the room, we couldn't charge our phones and use the laptop. It is not immediately clear how to unlock the outside (use your room door code).

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Roskow
Moscow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We occasionally had found this hotel upon late arriving to Regensburg by car on
Friday night.
Ibis was fully occupied, but this one had free rooms. And it is closer to the
historical centre!
Clean room was very comfortable for family with 2 kids, had
pleasant WC and douche. The common impression - the Cleanness.
And the great thing - the car parking at the hotel is free.
There is bus stop right near to the centre but we used our own car.
Can't say anything about breakfast - we didn't take it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family