“Does what it says on the tin”

Regensburger Weissbrauhaus
Ranked #2 of 435 Restaurants in Regensburg
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Regensburger Wheat-brewery was founded in 1620 as a municipal enterprise. At present this brewing tradition, in accordance with the Bavarian Reinheitsgebot, the purity requirement, is being continued successfully by the family Deutsch, a line of publicans and butchers. Using a house-own recipe and directly in front of the customers, light and dark wheat beer as well as bottom-fermented beer are being brewed.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Classic brauhaus format, was recommended by my hotel. Food was fine, nothing very memorable I'm afraid (I had the gulasch) but beer was good and service fast.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This restaurant is great! Super easy to find. Not too big, Not too small, just perfect. The food was great and the service was fantastic!! My family of 5 really enjoyed this place. We went on New Years Eve for lunch. I ordered the typical bavarian meal and it was yummy. Everyone enjoyed their meal. The beer is great ( the samples are cute, we wanted to buy the little glasses) Fun place. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in Regensburg for business and I had a quick dinner here. The service is really good, waiters always ensure that everything is ok. Good was also of a good quality within a good choice of German courses
Prices are reasonable and the location is in the very center of the city
I would definitely visit this restaurant again

Reviewed December 2, 2013

What a find. On entering my wife and I were treated warmly. The menu was explained in very good English, I potter for the suckling pig and my wife the snit zeal. The food was excellent and lots of it. I tried the beer sampler which consisted of 4 of their ales in 0.11 litre glasses in a test tube rack. All of which were very good, however the German gentlemen who we were sharing a table with advised I try the bock beer which was excellent. The service was very good and look forward to returning.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We have visited this reataurant with a group of colleagues. The service was good. I've ordered a steak, which was not the best in my lide but still ok.