“I'm going back again in 2009”
Review of Goldenes Schiff

Goldenes Schiff
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Passau
Goldenes Schiff
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Passau
London, UK.
“I'm going back again in 2009”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

I really liked this place. The woman that showed me around did not speak too much english but some of the other staff did. I loved the room. Large, rustic and comfatable.
The bathroom and tiolet are 4 steps over the hallway but are only for your room. No problem for me. The food was great and they went out of their way to make Chicken Schnitzel for me and it was lovely. I'm going back again this summer (the rooms are already booked) and I'm taking a friend. It's close to the station and to the cycle hire shop.
Good central location. I stayed at the Achat the year before and found some of the staff were cold and it was bloody miles away up a hill.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirkbear

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 18, 2008

I booked this place since it seemed to be the best value within walking distance of central Passau.

Although it appears they are known more for their restaurant (which seemed to be rather busy), I was pleasantly surprised with the room. They gave my girlfriend and me a spacious 2 bedroom (even though we paid for a double room) with high ceilings and a fresh yellow decor. The bathroom was across the hall, but it was private and the size of a large bedroom (although the toilet was in yet another small room on the hall). It still felt quiet, and the spaciousness was a nice surprise.

• Liked — Airy, bright, spacious bedroom and bathroom; walking distance to train station and dock
  • Disliked — Pillow and comforter a bit flimsy
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple