“A nice b&b in Passau's historic centre” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pension Rossner

Pension Rossner
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Passau
Pension Rossner
Ranked #13 of 14 Passau B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“A nice b&b in Passau's historic centre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2010

Rößner's bed & breakfast has a great location close to Ortsspitze, overlooking Danube and the two Passau castles. I happened to stay there for one night only and didn't need something special or posh - and I was absolutely happy with what I got. Rooms are cosy and the Rößner family is very caring and hospitable. They serve a decent breakfast which doesn't leave any wishes.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank dkdklmpsz

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
drogheda
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have to say i am not in favour of giving bad reviews but I feel that some things need to be addressed in this Pension.
We arrived on spec and were told the Panorama Suite was the only room available for a 3 night stay. Yes the enclosed balcony with its views of the Danube did look very inviting on first appearance, however on closer inspection, it became clear that the proprietor did not think cleanliness should be high on the list of priorities. The table cloths were stained, cereal was left in bowls on the table for who knows how long for your breakfast in the morning (delivered to your door as an extra luxury) it may have helped if some one knocked the door to let us know it had arrived. The bread rolls on the trolley were covered in another stained napkin, they were also rock solid.
But the main cause of our distress were the 6 legged tick type insects that crawled up the wall, once you killed one 4 more appeared. Needless to say we stayed one night (did not discover insects till night time) and left the next day, no one asked us why we were not staying our next 2 nights we had booked, so we left! Glad to get out of there.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank nicoledrogheda

Travelers are raving about these Passau hotels

TPE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2009

This was the worst place we have stayed. When we checked in, the woman ( black hair) was very unfriendly to us. She gave us the room number 32. The room itself was okay but every thing on the bed was terrible. The pillow case was worn-out and there were so many holes. The color of two bed sheet were not the same. The bed quilt were old and shabby. Anyway, nothing was right there. We felt very uncomfortable!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lihwa
Glengarry, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2009

I spent two nights at this pension in Passau. The tariff was surprisingly low, given what a tourist town Passau is, but perhaps I was there off season...
The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly trying to assist me with my big pack when I was leaving.
My room was on the ground floor with a high window facing into a kind of stairwell. It was private, but quite dark and cave-like. My only complaint is that it smelled like cigarette smoke. My room was also next to the breakfast room, which I suspect would have sounded quite noisy in the mornings if I was trying to sleep in. Maybe there were reasons for such a cheap price!
The pension is within walking distance of everything I wanted to see in Passau and I liked staying at the 'pointy' end.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank AnnPen
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2008

We stayed here in May 2008 for one night. The room was large, clean and nicely furnished, TV and small table and chairs next to the window which overlooked the river.
The location was central to everything and was quiet. Breakfast was pretty good and the family/staff were friendly.
Parking was out on the street in front of Pension for a charge made to the owner. Cost was about 5 euro per night.
We would recommend this place to stay in Passau.

• Liked — The view over the river from our room
  • Disliked — Having to pay for on street parking.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple