“I would visit again Gentner hotel!”

Landgasthof Hotel Gentner
Ranked #64 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Munich, Germany
“I would visit again Gentner hotel!”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We did not confirm our booking of a Junior suite by mistake, but when we arrived to the hotel, Mr.Gentner was really nice and arranged the booking for us in a room suited for a family. We traveled with a kid and a baby and they organized an extra bed and a cradle. When we visited the restaurant for breakfast and dinner, each time a table ready for us with proper space for the kinderwagen and with an infant highchair. A small surprise bag, paper and coloring pencils were waiting for a daughter in the table as well. The hotel is not in the center of Nürnberg, but the city is easily reachable by bus+subway (30 minutes) or by car (15 minutes).We took the public transportation with the kids as Mr.Gentner recommended us, in order to avoid the use of a parking in Nürnberg, and the journeys to the city were ok. The room was nicer than we expected for not a four stars hotel, with a great bed and 2 flat screen tv, clean and quiet, and the charming restaurant with bavarian decoration and specialities was the highlight of the hotel. Customer service was amazing as well, not as in bigger hotels. Breakfast was very good. We would stay again in Landgasthof Hotel Gentner with our kids and with friends in order to visit Nürnberg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A charming hotel in a quiet neighbourhood, a bus stop right outside facilitates easy connection to city centre, shopping, etc. As North American tourists in Germany, the lack of an elevator and air conditioning was somewhat of a surprise but easily manage -- even on the 28C sunny days when we stayed. The room was clean and comfortable -- standard European sizing but a little small compared to North America. Breakfast buffet was great -- a cozy room -- with lost of selection, both cold and hot. The most impressive feature was the outdoor dining on a very spacious, colourful patio. The food was surprisingly exceptional -- taste, portion, and presentation. Restaurant staff were delightfully cheerful. Fluency in German is helpful but not a necessity.

Room Tip: Without an elevator, lower floor rooms may be preferable; rooms overlooking the restaurant patio and...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We spent 5 nights at this tradional landgasthof while visiting the little town of Moorenbrunn, and loved it from the moment we walked in the door. I kept saying it was just "too cute"! The decor inside and out is very warm and charming, and the hotel staff is professional and attentive. The entire premises were incredibly immaculate. Our room had a desk, nice large windows, and a room safe. The bathroom was surprisingly large and the water heated quickly. We also had free wifi. The breakfast buffet (a bargain at 5 euro per person) was a feast that kept us fueled throughout the day. The variety of foods even satisified my vegetarian husband. There are also 2 vegetarian items on the dinner menu that were tasteful, even if they didn't include salad. The biergarten is especially charming with its umbrella tables, flowers, and water fountain, and we often had friends meet us there. We came to Mooenbrunn to visit my husband's old childhood friends and family, and they all commented that the hotel restaurant has very good food and often hosts special events for local families, which we also observed during our stay. I was especially impressed with the service when I asked if there was a place I could get an adapter and Mr. Gentner said he would go to the shopping center in the next town and pick one up for us. Kudos to Harold and Sabina Gentner, who do a beautiful job operating this special and unique place. Our stay here added to the wonderful memories of our visit to Moorenbrunn. We will surely stay here when we return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary B
Herentals,Belgium
Reviewed April 29, 2013

On our way to Schonau am Konigssee in Bayern we made an excellent overnight stop at Landgasthof Gentner in Nuremberg north and we won't complain we did this, the rooms are big and clean with a nice seperate bathroom with shower but people......There restaurant is just great, we took the baked trout dish and it was very,very tasty and the wine makes it compleet! If you need a good, clean and reasonable cheap overnight adress on your way to the south of europe......this is your hotel, you will not regret it! The location isn't great but who cares....it's just a very nice and quiet adress far away from the noise of the very busy highway.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at many places over the years and don't think we have ever left anywhere feeling as impressed as we did here. We went to Nürnberg for the Easter Markets and stayed one night. We were after a traditional German 'Landgasthof' and this is exactly what we found! On check in we received a warm greeting and were personally shown to our room and even were given a hand with our luggage which was a great first impression. We noticed that our room (and the entire hotel for that matter) was impeccably clean to a very, very high standard. Another big positive for us was that the shower heated very quickly and to a decent pressure. We had our dinner in the restaurant which had a lovely atmosphere and meal portions were very generously sized. An added bonus was free internet (included in the room price); something which is not offered in enough places these days. Breakfast was also included in the price and was a traditional German breakfast with a really good selection and beautifully laid out. As we checked out on Easter Sunday, our daughter was given a bag of Easter eggs which was a very nice touch. We would highly recommend Landgasthof Hotel Gentner to anyone and will certainly stay here again on our next trip to Nürnberg. We absolutely cannot fault it and LOVED it!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights while attending a trade show at the Messe, which was a 12.50-14.00 Euro taxi ride, depending on the day. Taxi from the airport was about 28 Euros. This was fine, as the hotel itself was a good deal less expensive than the ones in the city center. If you compare prices, you still come out ahead taking a taxi every day, and they arrive within 5 minutes! Bus and train transport was available(bus stopped at the corner), but as it was unseasonably hot during our stay, we chose taxis for most trips.

Staff- I can't say enough about the staff. Mr and Mrs Gentner and their wonderful staff were very nice and accommodated all of our requests, especially one for ice at least twice a day for me, as I was struggling with a bit of dehydration, and then the heat. I didn't even have to ask by the end. Tim, our waiter every night at the restaurant, was amazing. One of the best waiters I've ever had anywhere, and being from the USA and a former waitress and hostess myself, I know a thing or 2 about service. My husband and I are not adventurous eaters, and I'm not normally a big meateater, so Tim had to explain practically everything on the menu to us. He was very patient, and nothing was too much trouble. Such a nice young man, also. Steffi, who served us in the mornings, was wonderful, too. She was very bubbly and personable and never minded refilling things on the buffet for us, as we were usually the last ones down!

Hotel- Very cute, nicely decorated small hotel with a lovely beer garden. Gives you a very personal feeling, not like huge chain hotels. The front desk is not staffed all the time, but you can always ring the bell or call from the room, and someone would answer right away. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, so our stay was nice and quiet. The room was immaculate and very nice. The pillows were too thin, but we requested extra, and this solved the issue. My only other complaint would be the size of the bathroom and shower. You could extend your elbows in the shower accidentally and hit the shower walls (I'm not a small person, but I think this would go for anyone). Given the fact we had a Junior Suite, this was surprising. However, the cleanliness of it far outweighs size for us. Just be warned that unless you are very small, it is a bit crowded. I don't know if this goes for all rooms, though.

Restaurant- One of the best restaurants we have ever been to. I grew up in Chicago, which is a city with a lot of good food, and my friends and I would eat out frequently, but this is still one of my top favorites. I've never had Argentinian filet steak before-even in the best Chicago steakhouses-and boy, was it good! It is not to be missed. The salads and appetizers were delicious also( try the prawns on leek pasta). We even tried the Schnitzel on the last day, and it was very good, too. I would warn vegetarians or those who just prefer less meat in their diet- there was not a lot to choose from that wasn't meat. One quiche and one other item, other than fish or asparagus dishes. No chicken dish either, which was surprising. I actually didn't mind, though, as I so enjoyed the steak and the schnitzel, and there was plenty of salad.
The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choice-eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, yogurt, bread, danish, meats and cheeses- although I would have been happy with a bit more fruit. But, being included in the price, I shouldn't complain at all!

I can definitely see why people we met at dinner had been returning there for years. If we go again to this trade show, we will be back. I recommend it to anyone.

Thanks to this wonderful staff for making our stay so pleasant, even though we know we are high maintenance at times!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Snupy11
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Stayed here for one night in July 2011. Hard to fault. The room was spacious and clean and the restaurant was very good. Typical German cuisine. Good breakfast and friendly staff. The hotel benefits from a quiet location close to Nuremberg and the Autobahn and provides plenty of parking free of charge.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nuremberg
Novotel Nuremberg Messezentrum
#54 of 126 in Nuremberg
DORMERO Schlosshotel
DORMERO Schlosshotel
#1 of 1 in Reichenschwand

Been to Landgasthof Hotel Gentner? Share your experiences!