“This was the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed at !!”
Review of African Meistereck

African Meistereck
Ranked #118 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Cape Town, South Africa
“This was the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed at !!”
Reviewed February 12, 2009

Regrettably this hotel was dirty from top to bottom, the bed linen was still dirty from the previous guest ,and had NOT been changed.
I spoke with the owner and his mother who looks after the hotel, who both promised to change the bed linen and never did. with the comment we only change towels and bed linen every three days as I was told this is a Two Star Hotel albeit the charge was Euros 145 per night with NO break fast
The towels were forgotten one day there was none, another day the room was not cleaned nor the dirty bed made up.
The floor was dirty and was never cleaned, there was dust every where.
The TV was the smallest I ever saw in my life, and NO ENGLISH stations Forget the nonsense of using your computer, there was no phone in the room. There was no wardrobe and furniture was very minimal.
The shower had curtains which stopped 6" from the ground adnd the bathroom received minimal assistance in cleansing except for toilet paper.
As the sister hotel of Schweizer Hof, Nurnberg, where I was originally booked. They moved me to what was supposed to be a larger and more luxurious room. I was flabbergasted with the poor standards. No reception room. Forget about sound proofing I was wakened up by drunken guests who made the noise that only drunks can make until after Mid night.
When trying to book out after the first night, I was refused as I had paid in full to Hotel.com FOR 5 X NIGHTS which ended up being a nightmare . Dennis the owner refused to allow me to cancel the booking, when I spoke about the dirty towels and the fact one night there were NONE I was told "do you want me to listen to your complaints all night or do you want me to change the towels!!"
This rates amongst the poorest hotels in the world and certainly the dirtiest !!

• Liked — It was Central to all facilities
  • Disliked — Room was filthy as was the bed linen Dust and dirt everywhere including the floow which was filthy
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Keith B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)