All reviewsold townby footclosetcityloungewall
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We love this German hotel chain ...super clean rooms with free Wi Fi in the lobby and in the room if you buy brekkie at 7.50€ each which by the way is excellent ...

Staff are super friendly .
The rooms are maximized efficiently but are clean and well decored...

The hotel was full and busy due to the Xmas markets but coped well with this..

Always our first choice in Germany

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank VinnyHar
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Okay, it's not nearly as nice as a W Hotel, but it has that modern, semi-minimalist styling feel to it. It was clean, which is pretty much all we needed b/c we spent most of our time in the Alstadt (old town) and other places. It was merely a place to bathe and sleep. It is also a VERY reasonably priced hotel. It's a little bit of a walk to the Alstadt, but not much. I believe they had free wifi in the lobby area, which was well appointed and I didn't mind sitting there checking my email (some lobbies just don't give me the feeling that I want to stay, like it isn't natural to be there - this one wasn't that way. Not real fancy, but fairly inviting.) If I were to go to Nuremberg again, I would definitely consider staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tat3r
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We spent just the one night here on a recent tour of Bavaria. Its approximately a ten minute leisurely stroll to the city walls to enter at the Fischmarket end of town. There is a tram stop directly outside the hotel but we chose to walk as it was such a nice sunny day.
We arrived at 1pm and was allowed to check in as our room was ready. The rooms are a little on the small side but this is a budget hotel so to be expected, nicely furnished and decorated and with aircon. The hotel was spotlessly clean in the rooms, corridors and bar/lobby area. Very pleasant check in staff who provided a city map and directions into town. Good continental breakfast at 7.50 euro per head which when purchased also gets you wifi access and you request the log in for this at the reception desk. It was advertised as in the lobby area only but we managed to pick this up also in the room.
I loved Nurmberg and wished our stay was longer, I will most certainly be returning and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank me881
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Nice and new motel in convenient location from the main station, tram stops and old town. Good value (even during trade fair time). Nice lobby and seating area. Room was small but adequate for a 2 day stay. Shower was great. Staff were helpful and friendly. If you are not fussed about internet access, lots of TV channels, tea making facilities or massive amounts of space then this motel makes a great base for a good value place to sleep in Nurnberg.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flightsocks
Reviewed July 4, 2010

First let me start off by saying the hotel was nice, it is quite modern, and it is very close to the center (I think you can see the old town from the hotel). It is also a decent price at 59 euros a night. It had air conditioning which worked well.

Now here is what happened to me. I arrived at the hotel when I checked in, reception told me that breakfast was not included. I didn't have my printout with me so I thought maybe I was mistaken.

I later got on the internet and checked and yes, my reservation was 59 euros including breakfast. I went down to reception to discuss it with them. They claimed it must be a mistake and my printout was wrong. The man went in the back to check the hotel records of the booking. The hotel record was exactly the same, 59 euros including breakfast. He said again that I don't get the breakfast and that the hotel reservation company (HRS) must have made a mistake. I have used HRS for years and never had a problem like this before. I got angry and I said that I picked the hotel because of the rate...he didn't seem to bend. I told him I would write a negative review online and finally he agreed to discuss this with the manager and I should come back in a few minutes.

I came back and the manager was at the reception. She looked angry....looking down at her computer she said "FINE, you get the breakfast". No apologies, no smiles...

I couldn't believe they gave me such a difficult time for their mistake (HRS confirmed that the hotel was the one who set the rate). Honoring the rate you offered is a pretty basic thing and they shouldn't have been so rude about it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple