All reviewsold townby footclosetcityloungewall
Reviewed July 4, 2010

First let me start off by saying the hotel was nice, it is quite modern, and it is very close to the center (I think you can see the old town from the hotel). It is also a decent price at 59 euros a night. It had air conditioning which worked well.

Now here is what happened to me. I arrived at the hotel when I checked in, reception told me that breakfast was not included. I didn't have my printout with me so I thought maybe I was mistaken.

I later got on the internet and checked and yes, my reservation was 59 euros including breakfast. I went down to reception to discuss it with them. They claimed it must be a mistake and my printout was wrong. The man went in the back to check the hotel records of the booking. The hotel record was exactly the same, 59 euros including breakfast. He said again that I don't get the breakfast and that the hotel reservation company (HRS) must have made a mistake. I have used HRS for years and never had a problem like this before. I got angry and I said that I picked the hotel because of the rate...he didn't seem to bend. I told him I would write a negative review online and finally he agreed to discuss this with the manager and I should come back in a few minutes.

I came back and the manager was at the reception. She looked angry....looking down at her computer she said "FINE, you get the breakfast". No apologies, no smiles...

I couldn't believe they gave me such a difficult time for their mistake (HRS confirmed that the hotel was the one who set the rate). Honoring the rate you offered is a pretty basic thing and they shouldn't have been so rude about it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I was in Nuernberg for the second time to visit an expo. I was again booked in Hotel Motel One. So when I landed at the station, I walked to the Hotel Motel One where I had stayed last year and which is just 500mts. I was surprised that there was no booking n then i was enlightened that there are two Hotel Motel One in Nuernberg. Then I took a cab. Its surprising that a town can have 2 hotels with the same name.
Checked in at the hotel. The lobby and cafeteria are same and for morning breakfast we had some uncomfortable seating. The food was decent. The dual advantage is that they provide free Wireless LAN access and its close to the local train station.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This was one of the best hotels that I have been to. The breakfast was awesome and the service as well!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2009

We stayed at this hotel to go to the Christmas market. We had pretty low expectations for the hotel since it was so cheap, but we were really surprised! The room was VERY clean, and since we were on the first floor we had a door that opened out onto a little courtyard. Obviously, we didn't get to use it because it was so cold, but it was a nice feature. There was also a small parking lot adjacent, which was only 5 euros per day! The only thing we didn't care for was that it didn't have a safe to store our passports. Also, it was a good 15 minute walk to get to the old walled city, but I think that may have been because it was dark when we first got there, so we weren't entirely sure of where to go. We were pleased overall with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2009

Room was only 59 euros for the two of us (49 euros if single). Walked a couple of blocks to entrance of the old city. Great location and great price. Staff was very helpful. Parking lot is very tight parking. Many spots and mostly small cars. We had a large rental and were lucky enough to get an outside spot in the flat lot. Rooms are as described. Clean and neat. No extras but just what you need for an overnight room. Free internet only in the lounge. No complaints. There was a lot of construction on the street in front of the hotel while we were there. They gave us a room overlooking the inner courtyard explaining it would be quiet.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple