“A jewel of a find!”

Ranked #34 of 126 Hotels in Nuremberg
Edmonton
“A jewel of a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful property, just steps from the main train station. Wonderful value and charming staff who were extremely helpful with any request. Rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean. Breakfast buffet outstanding with good variety abd generous quantities. Have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank BRH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Yünlin, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

The stuff was pretty nice and helpful for our town trip.
He gave us lots of useful information.
Besides, the location was just nearby Hbf, and u can just walk the old town in 5 mins.
And also nice breakfast..
工作人員友善的介紹景點並且推薦路線,給了我們很多的意見。
此外,這家飯店的地點相當方便 就在車站旁,走路到古城也只需要5分鐘
早餐頗不錯!

Room Tip: location was excellent!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fafadadeva
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I loved staying in this very clean Family run hotel .We spent quiet a few days there last year in September I think it was, we were travelling freelance for 3 months on Eurail pass . We didnt book any hotels before we left. Marienbad Hotel was so nice and close to the train station . What we loved was the Family run feeling and the staff were extremely caring , I would definitely go back to this hotel .

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank victoria w
Europe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

This pleasant hotel is 5 minutes walk from the central railway station and halfway from the airport to the Messe (fairgrounds), where many exhibitions are held. If you are going to an exhibition, this is a great place to stay as it is only 10 minutes by underground to the Messe and much cheaper than the hotels at the Messe itself.

When I checked in, I suddenly realized that I needed some printing done immediately. Looking for a printer on the Internet wasn't an option even though the hotel's WiFi worked fine, because I can't read German. I asked the young woman at the front desk for help and she immediately went to work, searching the Internet for local printers and calling each one until she found one who could do my print job right on the spot (and this was 5 P.M. and I needed it immediately). It took her 15 minutes and quite a few calls, but she found one and ordered a taxi for me. To top it off, she wrote the name and address of the printer on a slip of paper for me to give to the taxi driver.

The next day, I brought her a bouquet of flowers for her help and she was very flustered and thankful, saying she was just doing her job.

I consider this service above and beyond the call of duty and it rates an extra star.

In short, if you are traveling to Nuremburg for some event at the Messe, this is a pleasant hotel, well positioned with many stores and restaurants nearby, and with a helpful staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Globe_trotter_100
Owatonna, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We missed our transfer to Prague so we got a wonderful surprise of being a guest here. The staff was wonderful made a bad situation very nice. Pointed in the right direction for a great dinner. We had a very early transfer in the morning. When we went down to leave they were just starting to set up breakfast. They made sure we had a bite to eat and gave us a care package to hold us over to our next destination. Thank you so much for being so sweet. Would recommend this hotel 100 percent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tammyb
Astana, Kazakhstan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is well-located near the main train station. The front desk was efficient and friendly. The room was nicely appointed, spacious, and comfortable. We particularly appreciated the satellite TV, mini-bar, and free wi-fi. Breakfast was excellent, abundant, and varied. Overall, it was a positive experience and we would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kasparus
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

A small, quiet hotel just outside the city walls, a short walk from the Bahnhof, which means shops and services are very nearby. Easy to reach by rail from the airport, and convenient to the area's rail system.
I arrived very early, and the owner offered breakfast and storage for my luggage. By the time I'd finished breakfast, my room was ready. He mapped out a walking tour of the city for me, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
When I left, they packed a lunch for me so I could eat on the road, adding fruit, juice and water to the sandwich I'd composed from the breakfast table.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo